Thursday, June 23, 2016

Fit Check In- 11 Weeks Post Partum

Good morning and Happy Thursday to you! It has been a while since I posted an update uh yeah like almost two months #whoops I am trying to get back into the swing of regular life, and real talk I am riding the struggle bus.

This week marks my fourth full week back at work, and time is really flying. Time is my most precious commodity at the moment and there just doesn't seem to be enough of it. I've thought a few times about posting my regular ole weekly goals post, but my weekly goals are fluid and flexible. Most importantly they depend on how this little cute baby sleeps during the night.

So cute right? I know, I know! It's so hard not to stare!

I have lost all of the weight I gained during my pregnancy, however, my body composition has significantly changed. I've lost a lot of muscle and consequently put on fat. Obviously, my body was busy making that perfect little baby boy! Like most women, I am eager for all of my pre-pregnancy cloths to fit, and to start tackling runs at a familiar pace, however I'm not in a real rush to get there.

Over the last 5 weeks, I've been *mostly* diligent with my diet, and *mostly* consistent with exercise and I've lost a grand total of four pounds. What the what?! Real talk, this is the hardest weight I've ever tried to lose. I've got a certain number in my head I'd like to hit, and I need to lose 20 more pounds to do that. My long term goal is to run the marathon in February 2017. before I turn 30. I also have a certain pace in mind I'd like to shoot for, and I know that in order to do that, I'm going to have to drop some fat and put on lean muscle mass. It's hard to put a lot pf pressure on myself right now, when ya know life has radically changed and I'm juggling fifteen different life balls, but I am trying. A for effort! I am going to try to make a consistent effort to document the struggle that is wiggling out of fat with a commitment to one post per week. I have to put it in writing so I can loud cap myself if I don't do it. #accountability

At my 6 week post delivery check up, I was given the all clear to resume my normal fitness routine, and the first thing I did was go out on a 5k run to see exactly where my starting point would be for my "blankslate" body


Just shy of 35 minutes when I thought it would take closer to 40. I felt like I was going to puke faint or die that last mile but I never let myself walk, and none of those things happened.  Kee yaw it was tough but it felt GOOD to power through. Everything felt just fine underneath (I had a 3rd degree tear- fun times), and I never felt like ohemgee I gotta pee, which was so NICE!! Mostly I just felt out-of-shape. Next week, it will be time to test myself and see how much progress I've made in the last 6 weeks.

While not an apples to apples comparison, because everything is easier in the AC, on June 8th I decided to test my progress and I ran a 5k in just over 32 minutes. I can feel my endurance coming up each and every work out and that is the BEST feeling. Even if the scale so no bueno the run times don't lie.



This is not my first go around (weight loss saga here) with the elle bee game, and I know if I keep at it, the numbers will come. I'm trying to focus most on how I feel, and the increased endurance makes me feel great! I haven't had that this feels so great I could fly type run yet but I know it's coming.

Obviously, my number one focus right now is little Rafe, and everything else falls into place depending on the day. I've had to get a lot smarter about my work outs and I'm learning to put more focus on intensity over duration and just trust the rest will come. One day, one pound at a time.

11 Weeks PP 

Email me


4 comments:

  1. What great goals girl! A marathon is quite a commitment. I am in the one and done category. So, so, so much running!! When I trained for my marathon the trainer said to add 30 seconds to your current pace and that is your goal pace. That many miles just slows you down! Sweet Rafe being there at the finish line sounds like perfect motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous!!! And that's a great starting out point with your 5k. I am still riding the struggle bus, like all day errday. I'm trying not to put any pressure on myself until a certain date in my head so we will see how that goes between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw getting to your pre-pregancy weight and being able to even run a 5k no matter the time is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud! Get it girl, I have no doubt you are going to hit your goals!!!

    ReplyDelete