Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Third Trimester Pregnancy Favorites

Thank you all so very much for all the warm well wishes and support we have received since welcoming baby Rafe!! I can't believe I am already 16 days into this Mom thing. Overall, I'd say it's been a pretty smooth transition. Nick went back to work Monday morning, and I thought I would cry, but I was OK with starting a new normal. I'm thankful for the two weeks of "bubble" time we had together. 


 Week three, Rafe and I are enjoying spending time with my Mom, his Lovely.



 Mom took off work this week to help me out. Moms are the best. The first day Mom let me sleep while she watched the baby and she cooked lunch and swept my floors. I am oh so spoiled and oh so thankful. 

The last two weeks have been a whirl wind but more on that later this week. I want wrap up the pregnancy series I started. On the real, I am so happy the pregnant part is over. I didn't care much for the pregnant part, but I LOVE the Mom part :) 


The third trimester, especially the end, just crawled on by. I was stressed trying to wrap up projects at the office before the baby came and I couldn't release that stress in a fashion that I ordinarily would. I felt like a human time bomb the last few weeks,It sucked but it was so so worth it. That said, I maintain the first trimester is the worst part of being pregnant. In the third you know you get to meet your baby soon so it makes the waiting easier.

What I used to get by in the third trimester:

1. Fitness! The further my pregnancy progressed, the more restricted I felt by my body. However, maintaining my routine really helped me both physically and mentally. Everything became more challenging but I continued to keep moving even if it was just a walk on the treadmill and some light weights. I did this routine from PB fingers several times a week towards the end alternating the "cardio". I really think the exercise I did helped me in delivery and recovery. More on that later.

2. Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. I was on a twice a day belly butter routine there at the end and this paid off big time. My skin felt so tight and itchy, the belly butter was a real soother. I used the belly butter through out my pregnancy. However the last trimester I used it by far the most and with increasing frequency.


3. Maternity Dresses from Zuilly. Lawd Day I loved Zuilly dresses there at the end. So comfortable. So affordable. I felt like I looked nice even when I didn't feel so nice.




4. The To Do list. I made a to do list so long anytime I had frustrating wait time, I starting knocking something else off the list. Staying busy made waiting bearable. 

5. COLACE: I started with Colace the last month and I am so so so so (can not put enough emphasis on the importance of the Colace) thankful that I did. I'm still taking it. You can buy this over the counter. It will be your bestest friend. You're welcome



Housekeeping!



All Pregnancy Posts Here- I'm working on getting organized. Hang with me nah

Upcoming on the blog: New Born product favorites, all of the items we have found to be most useful! 

What's in a name: Rafe Harrell Noel. We've had so many questions about how Rafe's name came to be, and how to pronounce that name,this deserves its own post. 


Email me




1 comment:

  1. He is beyond precious! I'm loving how long those dresses are on you! I may have to check Zuilly out for tall lady clothes!

    ReplyDelete