Tuesday, March 29, 2016

39 Week Pregnancy Update

Tuesday morning I had my 39 week appointment. I am still pregnant! Baby is due Friday and I am well aware that everyone in my life has me on baby watch! It's such an exciting time. As we all know, baby's have their own agenda, patience is a struggle, but he will eventually arrive! 

This week I weighed in 4 pounds less than last week, which was really alarming to me. My first thought was of the baby and worrying over his fluids, etc. His heart rate got an A+ at 160 bpm and no one was concerned about my weight loss. I did spend less time on my feet and I have been trying to drink more water, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had my share of Reese's Eggs over the weekend. Pregnancy is so strange.

We have a little progress - eeek so exciting!- and it could be "any day now". However, if I'm still pregnant at my last scheduled appointment, they will do an US to check fluid levels, placenta, etc to make sure it's safe for both of us to continue the pregnancy. 


Work has been such a blessing, I look forward to week days more than weekends right now. Keeping busy has made waiting bearable!




How far along? 39 weeks

Total weight gain: 16lbs

Maternity clothes? Almost all maternity though there are some pre-pregnancy items still in rotation. Those items are things like tops, outerwear, and of course, yoga pants #tillidie

Sleep: Sleep is a real challenge. I'm not sleeping for more than a 2-3 hour stretch at this point. I constantly have to use the bathroom. I find I'm having a harder time calming my mind so that I can fall asleep, but I will say I feel well rested in the mornings

Best moment this week: Hearing my baby's heart beat. I find myself constantly concerned about him. 

Miss anything? All of the same things I've been missing for awhile now. I miss challenging exercise. And caffeine. And being comfortable in my skin. And, literally, running around town. I find myself fantasizing about getting uber fit and back down to goal weight. These fantasies are usually interrupted when I get up and start waddling around.

Movement: All the time though it is less aggressive each week. I try not to let my imagination run away with me even though I know he's ok

Food cravings: No one thing in particular... unless Reese Eggs are still half off at CVS

Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of making it all the way to 42 weeks pregnant

Gender: Boy :)

Symptoms: I'm pregnant in all things now. There is no getting around it

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly I am happy, a little stressed about the unknown, but overall happy!

Looking forward to: Meeting my baby. I want to know what he looks like, what he weighs, how long he his, does he have any hair, what does his cry sound like? I want to count his ten fingers and ten toes. 


Email me


5 comments:

  1. I remember how anxious I felt those last few weeks! Hopefully he hurries up so you can feel anxious about brand new baby worries! �� You're almost there, and the most exciting part will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know baby is coming when you start to lose weight! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my pregnancy emails mentioned losing weight at the end. I don't know why but it's a sign that the end is near. So excited for you to meet your sweet little guy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get tips if you are a pregnant mother, plan for an easy labor and delivery. Join the community and share your experiences with other conceived women. Visit pregnancy site here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you dedicate yourself over the next 21-days and follow The 3 Week Diet as outlined, you will be walking around with 12 to 23 pounds of body fat gone from your waist, hips, thighs, belly and butt. Your clothes will be looser, you’ll look healthier and more attractive…and you’ll have more energy than you’ve ever had in a long, long time.

    The best food for good health to maintain the system of your body I really engaged for.

    Find out here: Fast Healthy Weight Loss

    Best rgs

    ReplyDelete