Monday, March 21, 2016

38 Week Pregnancy Update

This morning I had my 38 week check in, 11 days to due date not that I'm counting...

These appointments are much of the same. Baby looks great, no progress for you Mom, see you next week! High five, gold star, girl bye! Watching the scale start to creep up hasn't been fun. I have gained five pounds in two weeks and haven't changed a thing I've been doing. Means my baby is gonna be big right?! Right! 


How far along? 38 weeks

Total weight gain: 20lbs

Maternity clothes? Almost all maternity though there are some pre-pregnancy items still in rotation. Those items are things like tops, outerwear, and of course, yoga pants #tillidie

Sleep: Sleep is a real challenge. I'm not sleeping for more than a 2-3 hour stretch at this point. I constantly have to use the bathroom. However, I don't find it difficult to fall back asleep, which is good. It could always be worse!

Best moment this week: Attending a friend's son's birthday party! It feels good to continue to do normal social things with friends and family

Miss anything? All of the same things I miss challenging exercise. And caffeine. And being comfortable in my skin. And, literally, running around town. I find myself fantasizing about getting uber fit and back down to goal weight. These fantasies are usually interrupted when I get up and start waddling around.

Movement: All the time though it is less aggressive. I'm assuming he is really running out of room in there. I had a moment this week when I was really concerned by lack of movement. I got myself worked up and worried and then started feeling him again. Everyone tells me this is what being a Mom feels like

Food cravings: No one thing in particular

Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of making it all the way to 42 weeks pregnant

Gender: Boy :)

Symptoms: I'm pregnant in all things now. There is no getting around it

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly I am happy. Random things make me cry. Emotions all over the place. 

Looking forward to: Meeting my baby.I want to know what he looks like. I want all the medical people to tell me that he is OK. I want to snuggle with him. Mostly I just can't wait to meet him. 

Email me






No comments:

Post a Comment