Monday, March 7, 2016

36 Week Pregnancy Update

This morning I had my 36 week check in with the doctor's office. I found the pound I lost at my 34 week visit plus another one. The baby was very active while I was there. I was sitting down for awhile though, he doesn't like it when I do that. Yo Ma! gimme some room! This was the first visit with an internal exam, which naturally I was a little apprehensive about, but it was completely fine. I have no progress, but the baby is in the right position for the biggest day of his little life. The doctor thinks he will be most likely be a little late so I should try not to be too anxious. I have no swelling or major discomfort to report, aside from the obvious. Pregnant. Probably the biggest thing to report is that my blood sugar/ blood pressure bottomed out while I was there, and I fainted. Yikes. One minute I'm sitting down making normal conversation with the doctor, the next I'm laying down with four people looking down at me.This is actually the third time this has happened to me since I've been pregnant. The first was during my 20 week glucose test, the second was around week 29 while I was at work, and then today. However, this time I didn't bounce back as quickly. I was sent home for the day for rest and am feeling much better. I go back every week now until birth-day. To say I am counting down is an understatement. So ready to meet our baby!



How far along? 36 weeks

Total weight gain: 15lbs

Maternity clothes? Mostly all maternity though I am still wearing a slew of pre-pregnancy shirts & those VS fold over yoga pants that I want to live the rest of my life in. I really like stealing things from Nick at this point. His cloths are all so comfortable.

Sleep: Each passing day, I have more and more trouble getting comfortable, rolling over is an aerobic feat and I wake up to pee three times a night.

Best moment this week: Meeting my friend's brand new baby and getting in some baby snuggles :) Reminds me that I too will have a little bundle of perfection in just a few weeks!

Miss anything? I miss being able to run. Le Sigh. I miss feeling strong. I miss feeling lean. BUT I know these are all things I will have again. I miss laying on my stomach. I miss caffeine. 

Movement: All the time. Staying in any one position for extended periods of time doesn't seem to be very comfortable for either of us. We are both running out of room.

Food cravings: A lot of the same. I'm loving sandwiches. Lots of fruit and leafy greens too

Anything making you queasy or sick: No one thing specifically. If I don't eat frequent enough though I do get nauseated. If I eat too much in one sitting I get nauseated too. And when I say too much it doesn't take very much. Again with the running out of room....

Gender: Boy :)

Symptoms: I'm so pregnant. You already know

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: I feel really great. Super happy and confident in all aspects of life actually. Overall, I am enjoying pregnancy 

Looking forward to: Meeting my baby. I keep imaging the moment he will be placed on my chest. Seeing his sweet face, and loving on this little boy I already love way too much.



Email me




No comments:

Post a Comment