Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Baby Noel's Shower

Last Saturday, four of my very closest girlfriends hosted Baby Noel's Shower. Our baby's first party! Long time Elle Noel readers will recognize all of these faces.

Yes, there was a blue memo
It was such a special day and one I had been looking forward to for awhile now! It was really obvious there was a lot of thought and preparation that went into the party.  From the flowers, blue decor, blue lemonade, mimosas, the most incredible food, baby pictures of Nick and I scattered about, a framed sign in keepsake for us, baby Noel's ultra sound pictures, all of my pregnancy progress pics, popcorn goodie bags for guests, I was overwhelmed by how much thought the ladies put into all the little things. It was all very perfect for me. I really wanted a laid back shower where I could visit with some of our nearest and dearest about all things baby.


The girls didn't let me lift a figure in preparation and left me totally in the dark during the planning process. It was such a stress free enjoyable day for me and I am so thankful! 

Complete with awkward bump pic
Baby advice ranged from Howl like a crazy lady at the full Moon in March if you want your baby to come early, to diaper practicalities, and a wealth of product knowledge!

We had the most delicious cake I have ever tasted in my life- double chocolate chip filling. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. If you live in the Lafayette area, I highly recommend Ms Kathleen Short for all special occasions


Baby Noel is already beyond spoiled with all the cute things, and everything he needs to get started in life. We are so grateful to all of friends and family for all of their support in every way. The love we have received in preparation for this baby has been overwhelming and frequently moves me to tears. 


My Mom and I
At the end of the shower, Nick popped in to visit with everyone, clean house on the remaining food,  clean up from the party, and help me pack up all of little Noel's scoobies. Everyone is asking us about a name, and it's true, we still haven't committed to one. We've been informed you can't leave the hospital without a signed birth certificate though, so we do have a deadline!


The whole day was so special and I feel so grateful to everyone for all of their support during this special time in my life. I'm really enjoying my pregnancy and my body during this stage of life. 

As cheesy as it is to say, I feel really beautiful right now and I'm soaking up each and every moment of baby glow! Pregnancy has not been anything like I thought it would be and I mean that in all of the best ways. With about 8 weeks to go until this little boy makes me a Mom, I feel as prepared as humanly possible. Thank you everyone!



Email me


1 comment:

  1. Loving that last picture of you. Looking great mama! Man that cake sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete