Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!!! 2016 Resolutions

Happy Happy New Year!! I hope you had an amazing holiday! I know I did. It was so restful and wonderful to spend so much time with family and friends! I am so excited to finally be able to say I'm having a baby this year!! WOOP WOOP!!!

NYE 2015
I thought long and hard about my New Year's Resolutions and  I have given myself three.

 1. Be kinder to MYSELF. I know we are all bad about being our own worst critics, but I have really been letting myself have it lately. No bueno. I know that's a one way trip down the self esteem drain. I find myself seeing pictures and thinking ewww you look bad. Then I'm like, yo gah you are so pregnant! I know it will only get more challenging mentally from here on out. Then it will be active weight loss/recovery mode. Gotta admit though, looking forward to the challenge!

1-4-16
2. Practice Patience I need to work on being more patient in all aspects of my life. I am such a right now yesterday kind of person. A little patience goes a long way. I know motherhood will test my patience in ways I can't begin to imagine, so I figure I better start now, practice makes perfect!

3. Stay Positive Since I've been pregnant, it seems I find myself surrounded by more negativity than usual. Yes, negative people and energy are everywhere, but right now, it feels like I'm always deflecting it. I do my best to block it out, but sometimes I struggle. I struggle when people don't have positive things to say about birth, infancy, and being a parent. I struggle because this is new to me and EVERYONE is launching their negative comments and experiences my way. It has been rough, but I will continue to make this a priority for myself. Another's opinion is not my reality, just like no two experiences are the same. Mental health is just as important as physical health and I am happiest when I am positive.

Those are my 2016 Resolutions. Short, Sweet, Simple. All of which will aid me as we make this wild crazy journey into parenthood! I am gearing up for the last leg of this pregnant journey, third trimester (that's the last one if you're counting), HEY GIRL HEY!!!



Weekly Goals:

Monday:
Leg Day

Tuesday:
30 Minutes Stair Master
Strength

Wednesday:
Treadmill Circuit

Thursday:
40 Minutes Elliptical
Strength

Friday:
Walk/ Run Incline
Strength

Saturday:
Treadmill Circuit

Sunday:
Rest


Email me




5 comments:

  1. Love these! One of mine is to be more patient this year too. I tried to really give myself goals that I can practice daily instead of goals like run X miles for the year. I know those are good too, but I feel like I will put too much pressure on myself if I set goals like that. I don't know what life is going to look like for us after April, so I'm trying to give myself a break :) Looking good, mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a baby 5 months ago and would echo your feelings about the constant negativity from others. People always seem to want to remind you how much you'll miss out on or how much sleep you won't get. It became exhausting and disheartening. I assure you, although not always sunshine and rainbows, having a baby is so rewarding! Not a day goes by where I don't immensely enjoy my baby even among all of the hard stuff. Everything will fall into place when it comes to being a mom and getting your body back. Just take it one day at a time and enjoy yourself in the moment. You made a human! You're responsible for a new life - SO much to be proud of :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year girl!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I don't have any babies of my own, I have so enjoyed becoming an auntie and watching my sister be a mother. Life in general is hard, but little ones (their smiles, giggles, imaginations, all of it) makes the world go round. You can't help but be happy when a baby is around :) you're going to be an excellent mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so pregnant, so you should look pregnant! We don't all look like super models when we get out the bed so give yourself a break... You're growing a human!

    ReplyDelete