Wednesday, January 13, 2016

28 Week Pregnancy Update

Monday morning, I had my 28 week pregnancy check up! This appointment was another to check in to see how the baby and I are doing. They checked his heart rate, and he was sitting pretty at 148. He's stayed pretty consistent through out. They ask how I'm feeling, etc. This week was the first time they measured my belly, and it was right on track. My iron was low so they gave me a supplement for that. I gained 7lbs in ONE month and about fell off the scale. It finally got me! The doctor wasn't concerned about my gain and said I'm doing really well. Phew! We get our last and final ultra sound at the next appointment and I must admit, it's killing me to wait. I feel like we haven't seen the baby in eons. After that, we won't see him again until we meet face to face! 




How far along? 28 weeks

Total weight gain: 12lbs 

Maternity clothes? I've been really shocked at just how little I have needed in the maternity cloths department. I am still wearing the majority of my regular tops. I have one pair of work pants that are non-maternity that it's looking like will work until the end. Dresses are my BFF and I love tights.

Sleep: Still no trouble sleeping. It takes a bit more effort to flip from side to side but nothing crazy

Best moment this week: Putting the finishing touches on our nursery furniture this weekend! It's all really starting to come together.Of course hearing his heart beat. Even though he's constantly kicking me, it's a reassuring sound.

Miss anything? I miss feeling strong.I miss being able to really utilize and push my body. I've gotten over all the other things I'm missing though. I am really starting to enjoy pregnancy!

Movement: I love feeling him move around. I've thought a few times now I've felt the hiccups and sometimes I see my stomach move around from the outside. Totally crazy to see!

Food cravings: Loving crisp fruits and vegetables, definitely indulging in more sweets than ordinary, ahem King Cake, ahem 7 pounds

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, but I'm still feeling averted to meat. It doesn't make me sick, I'm just not craving protein.

Gender: Boy :)

Symptoms: I got me a belly, and feel like I'm getting a slight waddle. I'm fighting it though

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Still mostly happy. However, raging hormones are very real. 

Looking forward to: Meeting my baby. I keep imaging the moment he will be placed on my chest. 


Email me






1 comment:

  1. Looking great girl. I am so jealous you can still fit into a lot of your regular clothes. Mine wen out the window months ago. I feel you on missing feeling strong. My typical Pure Barre classes are getting exponentially harder each week. I am guessing it's do to the extra body weight I'm carrying around.

    ReplyDelete