Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving Recap + Weekly Gym Goals

Good morning and Happy Mond errr Wednesday! Ever had one of those weeks where you wake up and everyday is Monday? It's called ground hog day genius. My life this week.  We had a wonderful, yet busy Thanksgiving, and things are starting to even back out to somewhat normalcy for the Holiday season.

Nick and I both ran the Gleaux Run benefiting Miles Perrett Cancer Services the night before Thanksgiving. It was unseasonably warm for a night run, but we had a great time! Nick hit a 5k PR, so proud of him (yes- that means he beat me), and we ran into so many familiar faces home for the holidays!


#nogymaffliation run group! Love these ladies
I didn't push myself to hard for this race, no time goal, I just kinda did it. I feel so blessed with a healthy pregnancy that has allowed me to keep on moving! 



I have one more race on my schedule in December. The Cajun Country on December 12th. Last year I ran the half, this year I'm thinking I'll do the 10K trail, but just for fun. No time goal, maybe stop and smell the roses aka pee in the woods.The distance I run will depend on how I feel that day. Running is hard on my bladder right now. There is just no getting around that fact. The longer I run, the more I gotta pee. I feel great everywhere else, but my bladder. Oye, pregnant run struggles

Thanksgiving morning we woke up bright and early to head my Maw Maw's house. The baby dogs came this year. Nacho and Nola really like short rides in the truck, the longer ride was a bit stressful for poor Nola. She only layed down for about 3 minutes out of a 3 and half hour trip, but overall, I'd call this first over night trip a success!


Nacho LOVES thanksgiving. He quickly figured out the source of the food and made himself quite comfortable. They both got more table food than they should, but hey, life is short, be Thankful on Thanksgiving!

Just hanging out, in case any food needs picking up off the floor

It was so nice to relax and spend time with family. I cherish the time we get to spend together, and I'm always sad when it's time to head home. No one on Earth will ever love and respect you like your family. The older I get, the more I value these relationships. I can't get too sentimental though because I'll start crying. #pregnant

We even did a little of this Black Friday madness together. The initial goal was to snag one of those hot TV deals, but it was not to be. We're amateurs. I knocked a few more Christmas gifts off my list, and I got some fun stuff for myself too. We had fun together, and that's what matters most to me!


How did you spend your Thanksgiving?

Weekly Goals:

Monday:
Leg Day

Tuesday:
35 Minutes Cross Training
Biceps, Triceps, Core

Wednesday:
Run Circuit + Total Body Strength

Thursday:
3 Mile Run

Friday:
Walk/ Run Incline + Strength

Saturday:
5 Mile Run 

Sunday:
Rest


Email me




1 comment:

  1. I love this quote and discover it holds more truth for me each year; "I think as you grow older, your Christmas list gets shorter because the things you want can't be bought." I just want to spend time with the family I took for granted as a small child and teenager. They are the best! I'm so glad y'all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete