Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hit with the Christmas Yuck Truck + Weekly Goals

Good morning and Happiest of Tuesdays to you!! How was your Christmas?! Did you spend time with the people you love? Oh yeahs, lots of time with them people! Did you get lots of sweet gifts?! Uh huh, uh huh!! Did you eat too much?! ME ME ME!

I'm on Christmas detox day three, because I enjoyed Saturday too, and I'm feeling less and less like I got run over by the yuck truck. I get nervous about over doing right now. It's not like I can go out on a ten mile run to attempt to counter act the damage I've done. I have a hard time saying no to my Mom's famous black bottom pumpkin pie or a second helping of mashed potatoes because let's be real, I never ever pass on mashed potatoes over the holidays. Never ever.

To clarify what I mean when I say "detox" it's keeping the calorie count around or just under 2,000 calories a day with a work out. I don't keep track of anything other than my daily calorie count. What's a macro? 

Anywho, I am feeling much much better after nearly a week of indulgences. The good news is, I'm not fighting back against cocktails this year too! Silver lining! I hate that busted can of biscuits feeling and excluding the holidays, because yes I did this to myself at Thanksgiving too, I've been able to avoid feeling busted throughout my pregnancy. 

Christmas detox day 3 - Another Target Poncho
In other news, I think it's time for me to admit my outdoor running days are over for now. The more I run, the more I need to pee. The more I need to pee, the more uncomfortable I am. The more uncomfortable I am, the comfortable I am with the idea of popping a squat in my neighbor's yard, An activity I'm sure would be highly frowned upon. It's actually illegal.

Cardio that feels great: running a half mile or 800's in a circuit. Walk/ Run Incline Routines. The Elliptical, and the stair master. All of those activities are bladder friendly. I'm following my old favorites just at different run intensities. It will be fun to push myself back up to the old paces. I'm really looking forward to the challenge.

12/23/15
55 Minute Incline Walk/ Run Routine Slower run sections
At 27 weeks, I'd say I've had a good run. Pun intended. I can't believe I'm in the last week of the second trimester. Creating a new person is truly an incredible process. I'm starting to really envision life with our baby and what it will feel like to finally hold him in my arms. I'm looking forward to the fourth trimester aka pregnancy recovery period. Yes, I'm totally crazy town and already have a post partum plan.

There is a CRIB in our house!!!!
Other things we usually plan this time of year: resolutions. My go to for years now has been something physical: run X distance at X pace. Complete X set of pull ups. Hit X weight on squat. Maintain goal weight through the year. Etc. I'm having to really think about resolutions that are outside of myself physically, and it's been rather challenging. Good thing I love a challenge. I'll share here before the end of the year.

What are your resolutions for 2016?

Weekly Goals:

Monday:
Leg Day

Tuesday:
40 Minute Elliptical
Total Body Weight Circuit

Wednesday:
800's Treadmill Circuit

Thursday:
30 Minutes Stair Master
Shoulders & Core

Friday:
Walk/ Run Treadmill Routine
Bis & Tris

Saturday:
5 Mile distance run attempt or Treadmill Walk. Run Routine

Sunday:
Rest

Email me



2 comments:

  1. Way to commit to it girl. Can't believe you are almost at the third trimester! These last few weeks have just flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love that poncho! Second, I feel bad for how much I miss running. I feel like I'm not allowed to be that sad about it but I am. Also I am currently stuck between...my leggings kind of annoy me under my belly and I don't feel like shaving to wear shorts. Trying to be at the gym in an hour lol

    ReplyDelete