Monday, December 14, 2015

24 Week Pregnancy Update

Monday morning, I had my 24 week pregnancy check up! This appointment was just a check in to see how the baby and I are doing. I love hearing the baby's heart beat. It's the sweetest sound on Earth.My doctor continues to encourage me to maintain my fitness routine and is pleased with my progress. Apparently I'm quite good at being pregnant. Everything looks great, and we now we just wait and bake :)


How far along? 24 weeks

Total weight gain: 5 pounds

Maternity clothes? I'm wearing mostly all maternity pants, though pre-pregnancy tops are still in heavy rotation. I am feeling more comfortable overall and less in the weird in-between stage

Sleep: Me and sleep are BFF. I have no problems getting comfortable or staying asleep. I love the sleeping.

Best moment this week: Feeling him wiggle around more each day

Miss anything? I miss feeling strong. Usually by this time in the run season my endurance is picking up and I feel like a full on beast. The reverse is true for me right now. I'm getting slower and the work outs are getting tougher, but I keep keeping on! Oh and I still miss caffeine. And Wine.

Movement: He is movin' and a groovin' through out the day and especially at night when I'm about to go to sleep. He's active in the early morning too. I think he likes early morning gym time :)

Food cravings: All of the fruit. I LOVE fruit. Particularly berries and apples. And yogurt. I like crisp vegetables and broccoli. Especially broccoli with cheese. Any kind of cheese really. Mashed potatoes and cheese remain a favorite. Oh and brownie brittle from Sam's club could basically be it's own food group.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, but I'm still feeling averted to meat. It doesn't make me sick, I'm just not craving protein.

Gender: Boy :)

Symptoms: a growing belly, and sleeping more than I usually do

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly I am super duper happy, but occasionally, I feel weepy. Little things that wouldn't normally upset me do. I find myself taking a deep breathe and reminding myself to be rational more frequently than I care to admit. Raging hormones are very real. My doctor assures me this is quite normal

Looking forward to: Meeting my baby. I imagine his little face and the moment they will place him on my chest anytime I feel overwhelmed, and that makes me feel centered again.

Here I am before my company Christmas party at 24 weeks pregnant. Nacho man is interested in everything I do and wants to be everywhere I am. He definitely knows something different is going on with me. 
I'm wearing this dress from Pink Blush Maternity in a Medium. I wish I had ordered it in every color. LOVE this dress


Weekly Fit Goals:

Monday:
Leg Day

Tuesday:
40 Minute Cross Training
Shoulder & Core Strength

Wednesday:

Thursday:
3 Mile Run
Bicep, Tricep, Core Strength

Friday:
30 Minute Incline Walk/Run
Back Strength

Saturday:
5 Mile Run/ Walk/ smell some roses

Sunday:
Rest

Email me




1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful, congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm so excited to see your blog posts again. Best wishes on this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete