Wednesday, November 18, 2015

20 Week Pregnancy Update

Monday morning, I had my 20 week pregnancy check up! On the agenda? Glucose test and "in depth" ultra sound. I had some anxiety about this ultra sound. I knew if there was anything to be concerned about with the baby, this is when we would find out. I think it would be unnatural for me not to have any concerns or anxiety. We are incredibly blessed, as everything has formed exactly as it should, and the baby is perfect. The ultra sound really amazes me, and I love getting to take a peak inside at what he's up to. He has big feet and his Dad's profile. He made sweet little faces and was relatively calm throughout the ultra sound. It really is just so freakin cool to see your little miracle growing inside of you! 

I also had my glucose test, which is the first predictor of possible gestational diabetes. I know a lot of people complain about the drink, but it was fine. The consistency wasn't strange. It was just a sweet drink. Basically sugar water. Down the hatch, no problems. About 20-30 minutes after I drank the drink, my body produced an insulin surge that made me feel like I was going to hurl then pass out in it. It was not a fun way to feel, but I survived. Obviously. The feeling passed in about five minutes, and I went on to have a normal day afterwards.The score had to be under 140 and mine was 87. PHEW!  Trucking right along, they sent me on my way, and I have my next appointment at 24 weeks.

How far along? 20 weeks

Total weight gain: 3 pounds

Maternity clothes? I'm wearing a hodge podge. Almost exclusively wearing pre-pregnancy tops, a few pairs of pre-pregnant work pants, lots of pre-pregnancy dresses. Jeans are a done deal. I could get away with wearing pre-pregnancy jeans, with a rubber band extender, but it's just uncomfortable. No bueno. Tights with boots are my go to right now

Sleep: Still waking up once a night to pee, but other than that, me and sleep are B to the FF

Best moment this week: Seeing him move his little face around during the ultra sound

Miss anything? Still missing C4 and red wine, but each week that passes, I miss it less and less.

Movement: I didn't feel any movement that I knew was DEFINITELY baby until last Sunday (11/15/15). I was feeling little things here and there that made me think "is that him??", but nothing definitive until mid week 20. I found out during my ultra sound that my placenta is anterior (on the wall of the uterus closest to the outside of my body) which explains why I'm not feeling as much movement. The placenta is acting as a buffer of sorts.

Food cravings: All of the fruit. I LOVE fruit. Particularly berries and apples. And yogurt. And bread and cheese. Chips and cheese. Quesadillas. We like cheese.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, but I'm still feeling averted to meat. It doesn't make me sick, but we aren't getting along either

Gender: Boy :)

Symptoms: a growing belly, and sleeping more than I usually do

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: I am annoyingly happy.

Looking forward to: Still looking forward to looking more pregnant. I still feel like I'm in questionable territory most of the time. Ha. 


Weekly Fit Goals:

Monday:
Leg Day

Tuesday:
45 Minute Cross Training
Shoulder & Core Strength

Wednesday:
Added weight to lower body
Increased wall sits to 1 minute
Increase run intensity with each round

Thursday:
3 Mile Run
Bicep, Tricep, Core Strength

Friday:
30 Minute Incline Walk/Run
Back Strength

Saturday:
5 Mile Run

Sunday:
Rest

Email me




1 comment:

  1. Wow, you had the gestational diabetes done early!! I am not getting mine done until Week 28. Congrats on passing your screening. You are looking great love!!

    ReplyDelete