Friday, October 30, 2015

Hello my Chickadee

Good morning and Happy Friday!! Below is a post I wrote the day I found out I was expecting baby Noel. It's really cheesy, because, pregnant, however, it's a post I've wanted to share for awhile now. I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hello little chickee. I just found out (less than 8 hours ago) you'll make your way into the world next spring. You've already buried yourself so deep into my heart it's difficult for me to process. I know I'll only love you more each passing day from here on out. I find the though both exhilarating and terrifying.

Your Dad is equal parts excited and terrified. He's afraid of how drastically life is going to change when you join us, but not to worry. He will be the most incredible father. He doesn't realize it himself yet, but I've always seen it in him. He is caring, considerate, kind, incredibly bright, ridiculously hard working, and uncommonly generous. You are already blessed beyond measure to be his child.

I thought I'd seen a unicorn in the bathroom this morning, the positive pregnancy test. Two little pink lines that would change our lives forever. I wasn't sure we'd ever be blessed with you, God's most precious gift. I squealed with delight. I cried happy tears. Your Dad and I hugged. We were stunned. We made a new person. I'm truly amazed at what love can create.

Presently, I'm working to keep this secret, you, close to the chest. I'm so happy I could burst. I want to tell anyone who will listen about you. I want to tell them how happy we are. How blessed to be expecting you.

I don't care if you are a boy or a girl. I only want to hold a big healthy baby in my arms come April.

For now, I'll do my absolute best to make sure you have the very best start in life. I love you beyond measure, that's a fact you will never doubt.


Email me


4 comments: