Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A New Chapter to Document

I'm gonna jump right into this and pretend like this isn't my first post of the year....

What have we been up to?! It has been a WONDERFUL 2015. I have been very busy enjoying my life and all that comes with it. I'm in a phenomenal place in life, toot toot beep beep *don't hate me*

All aspects of my life have been going from strength to strength, it's truly a blessing, and a product of a lot of hard work.

I ran two halves this year, and didn't document it here on the blog. I also placed for the first time EVER in a race, and I did it without documenting it on the blog. What was most surprising to me was that I didn't feel the need to. For the longest time I needed this blog for self accountability.  I was truly astonished at what I was accomplishing, and now, I don't. I don't need the blog to make all of my work outs happen. I don't need the blog to help me wiggle out of ten pounds- which will always be a goal for me it feels like- and I don't need to document each and every accomplishment because it doesn't astonish me anymore. I know the best is yet to come, and with enough hard work anything is possible. Ah personal growth. It makes me feel very proud of myself.

One of  my very best friends got married at the start of the Summer May is summer in south LA, we had lots of fun events associated with the wedding. Nick and I were both honored to serve in their wedding. Getting married is such a special time in a person's life, it's a joy to witness your friend start a new chapter. Anywho, I can't wrap this topic and events up in one paragraph, so I'll save it this for it's own post(s)





We went on our somewhat annual friends/couples trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary while there, time is flying! Of all of the places I have had the privilege to visit, PV was up there in awesome vacay destinations. I can not say enough wonderful things about this place or the people we visited it with. I'll save this trip for another post.

Hike into Gringo Gulch- PV Mexico
Our social circle spent a lot of time together over the summer. It felt like college era quality time. When we would laze about watching TV together, sometimes talking a lot, sometimes talking a little, sometimes having too much fun. It was truly the best. We spent the 4th in Houston, and then I was lucky enough to tag along on another beach vacation *pinch me* with two of my favorite real life sisters. I'm the adopted third.



We were on the drive home from Destin, taking a detour down the Louisiana coast line,  The Summer of '69 came on the radio and I just got all gooey inside. I was seriously having  the best summer of my life.

Oh, when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah, I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

It wasn't too long after that, I would truly get the icing on my best summer ever cake


I will never forget the moment I found out this baby was coming. Que the happy tears. I can't describe the joy I felt in my heart.I had doubts this would ever happen for us, and to see positive proof that we are going to be parents was overwhelming. It still feels surreal most days. I wrote a post this day that I haven't published but will soon.

The rest of the world just found out that we are expecting. The change of seasons is joyous for so many reasons, for me right now, it brings the promise of new beginnings.



I'm at the beginning of my second trimester, feeling amazing again, with an official April 1st due date.

I'm coming out of blogging retirement to document this next chapter in life. I think I'll really regret it if I don't, and obviously there is much to talk about! I have been able to keep up with my fitness routine, yes it has been challenging, but also rewarding. Like all things worth having.

I'm definitely the type of person who only wants to do something if I can commit 100%, and I feel right now, I can commit to three posts a week. This I can do.

I know an announcement like this comes with a whole slew of questions. I'll put together a post of FAQ I'm getting in my daily life *feel free to shoot over any questions you have too*. I'm also planning my first trimester survival kit, because I feel like that first trimester gets glossed over and it. was. not. glossy. 


Email me



21 comments:

  1. Congratulations again! So glad you are back to blogging - especially during this exciting time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! I AM SO STINKING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, not only am I excited you're back blogging, but BABIES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited you're back in the least creepy way possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh congratulations! I am so happy for you and also super excited that you are back to blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, hey! I am so glad you are back :) I was overjoyed when you posted your pumpkins! I have missed getting a glimpse into your Boss Lady life and am super excited to watch you become a mom. I loved it when Megan showed us her fit pregnancy and I have no doubts that you will do just the same. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure did miss your blog! SO glad you're back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to follow you on this next chapter in your life!!! So glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhhhhh this is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear more! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so excited to see your blog post pop up on my list and I had a gut feeling there would be some BIG NEWS! Happy you are back to blogging (I need some major fitness encouragement) and beyond thrilled about your pregnancy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! So so happy you are back!!! Congrats on your pregnancy, so happy for you!! I am about 5 weeks behind you, I am looking forward to following your blog again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my goodness, congratulations!!! I'm thrilled for you and can't wait to read about this new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I am so excited to A) see you back and B) hear about your fabulous news!! I am so happy for you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!! Can't wait to follow along with your story!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!! Your news sent chills over me, and I couldn't be happier for you and your hubby! Life is good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! So happy for y'all, and so happy you're back to blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to follow your journey and I'm so glad you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!! So happy for you and the Mr. and the baby dogs!

    ReplyDelete