Tuesday, October 20, 2015

16 Week Pregnancy Update & Weekly Goals

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!!! Yesterday morning, I had my 16 week appointment to check on little Nugget Noel. That is what we presently call our nameless chicklet. I'm going to do an update like this as I have an appointment. I find not much changes week to week, at least in the stage I'm at right now. I really look forward to my appointments and checking in on our baby. I love hearing its little heart beat. It's the most beautiful sound in the world to me right now, it reassures me that everything is a-ok! Baby Noel is right on track, doing 16 week old baby things. I've been accused of being boringly normal. Is that a compliment? Cause I'll take it! I feel flat out amazing right now, and I'm loving every second of it! 

Originally, I had planned on waiting until the baby was born to find out gender. From the get-go, Nick wanted to find out a head of time. As soon as that door was nudged open, the possibility of finding out early, I couldn't wiggle it back shut again. I found myself dwelling in possibility. We found out together at my 16 week ultra sound, but haven't had a chance to tell all of our family yet. I'll share here soon!

How far along? 16 weeks

Total weight gain: I'm back up to starting weight. I expect I'll start gaining from here on out

Maternity clothes? Meh not really. Stretchy pants are definitely more comfortable, but I'm not quite ready for maternity pants either. I wore my regular jeans last Friday. They fit in the morning and by the end of the day I was holding them together with a rubber band. Awesome look girl! I've tried wearing maternity pants but they won't stay up. Hopefully this weird in between place won't last for too long

Sleep: I wake up once at night to pee. Sometimes it's easier for me to fall back asleep than others, but nothing crazy. I am having WILD dreams. Keeps things interesting 

Best moment this week: Finding out if "it" is a he or a she. I cried big happy tears. Baby looks perfect!

Miss anything? C4 and red wine. Red Red Wine you make me feel so fine.....

Movement: Nothing yet, but I am on high alert :) The baby was very active during the ultra sound at my appointment, I'm sure it won't be to much longer!

Food cravings: Quesadillas. Basically meat and cheese makes me happy. And Apples. Still loving apples.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Gender: I totally caved and found out what we are having. I'll share soon! Baby's heart beat has been 156,163,150, for those of you who like guessing :)

Symptoms: a growing belly, and sleeping more than I usually do too

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Generally speaking, I am happy happy happy happy!!!! However, if I'm totally honest, I definitely feel moody. Not first trimester moody, but not my usual self either. I'm having to remind myself to be more patient, both with myself and with others.

Looking forward to: Feeling the baby move AND looking more pregnant than ate 15 chocolate donuts for breakfast. :) I feel like people look at me like they are trying to figure something out. I do find those looks amusing, it makes me giggle. 

10/20/15

Weekly Gym Goals:

Monday:
Leg Day

Tuesday:
40 Minute Cross Training 
Strength

Wednesday:
Three Miles
Strength

Thursday:
Two Miles round out to 30 with incline walk
Strength

Friday:
60 minutes Cross

Saturday:
5K Race

Sunday:
Rest

Tomorrow, I'll fill ya'll in on my 10k training plan, race is November 14th, and how running has been going! 


Email me



8 comments:

  1. You look adorable!! and Congrats!! Becoming a mommy is the absolute BEST thing in the world! And I'm guessing BOY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, the ill fitting pant situation has not gotten any better for me. I am still wearing pre-pregnancy jeans with a rubber band and maternity jeans look ridiculous. However, maternity dress pants are amazing and feel just like pajamas! Looking amazing mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm enjoying reading your blogs again. Glad you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo!!!!! I cant wait to find out what you're having! Babies are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!! Glad everything is going great and baby is healthy! Can't wait to find out what baby is..... I say girl!

    ReplyDelete