Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Recap & Weekly Goals

Monday morning, we meet again! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! We had a relaxing, restful, and somewhat productive weekend. I started off my Saturday with Week 5's six mile run. My run buddy is back an action which has totally changed the game for me. Running with a friend is a million times more enjoyable. Kat and I met up at 6:30am, and after a quick warm up aka girl talk session, we were off and rolling! The weather warmed up fairly quickly but overall it was a pretty easy run. I ran negative splits from start to finish, this always makes me happy. This also tells me I need to push myself harder if I want to do well at the Cajun Cup in three weeks.



After the run it was off to family pictures with the pooches. This was an...adventure. Yeah, let's call it that. The baby dogs reacted as well as one would anticipate dogs to react to a photo shoot. At a farm, which is basically puppy paradise. Our photographer is a miracle worker though, I'm positive she got some great shots. Here I am taking selfies with the dogs on the way to have our picture taken. Nacho is true to form, loud proud and in your face, while Nola is a quiet sweet little lady. Nick is driving thinking, "how does she rope me into this shit?!"



After the picture session, we rewarded ourselves with lunch at Bon Temps Grill. I had white wine (substitutes a fruit right?!) and a seriously delicious seafood cobb salad. This restaurant is right near our new house and we will be sure to pay a return visit!


Saturday night we went to a birthday party in Nick's hometown. It turned into a fairly early night. Waking up at 5am makes me tired come night time.

Sunday we went to the grocery store, I wasedh TWO loads of laundry, seriously over achieving, and our Saints lost. By one point. Womp Womp Womp. The remainder of the afternoon held a bunch of long faces.


Two Seriously spoiled dogs live at our house
In good news, this was a great weekend for me food-wise. I've been struggling more than usual over the weekends due to lots of social functions and cake I can't say no to. This weekend is a win for me. Feeling better on Monday than on Friday. Heeeeyyyaaaa

And because it's Monday, an oldie but goodie: 

Weekly Work Out Goals

Monday:
RIPPED

Tuesday:
5.5 Mile Run
Strength

Wednesday:
10 X 400 5K Pace
Strength

Thursday:
4 Mile Run
Strength

Friday:
60 minutes Cross Training

Saturday:
7 Mile Run

Sunday:
Rest

Email me

Daily Motivator


3 comments:

  1. Get it girl! I am very impressed with your negative splits!! Sounds like perfect weekend to me. I ate TERRIBLY this weekend (but I had a lot of fun and made new friends, so thats okay, right?) - Now it's a new week! I'm back to using MFP and that always helps me stay in control. I'll be following along this week for some elle-spiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i am so impressed!!!!!! U just motivated me hardcore! Thanks for that! So do you wash your hair everyday? What do you do on the days you dont wash it?
    XO Ellen from Ask Away Blog
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how the pictures with your pups turn out. One tip for breaking up long cardio sessions in the gym is to hop from machine to machine 20 mins elliptical, 20 bike and 20 stair climber. I do it a lot to trick myself :)

    ReplyDelete