Wednesday, October 29, 2014

November 2014: Pile on the Miles Commitment

It's that time of year again. That time of year when each day I leave work without consuming one mini *insert chocolate lurking in every single office* I've one a small victory. So far this week, I've one the fight three times. Little victories people. I also know, the food battle is only going to continue to escalate. Halloween candy is only the tip of a very large iceberg. The holidays ain't derailing me I tell ya.

I need some extra motivation during the holidays. Something bigger than myself. A reward. Like with prizes.


This year, I'm pledging 100 miles in November or 25 miles a week. I totaled up my training miles by week, and in November I should log 96 miles. I'll have to make up those extra four miles somewhere else. Quarter mile here, quarter mile there, totally doable. Monica has some phenomenal prizes to give away this year too. You'd think running outside would be a cheap activity, right?! All compression everything ain't cheap! Read all about how participate in Pile on the Miles 2014 (note- you don't have to be a runner, but you do have to be motivated to move!) and get yourself in on the challenge here! 

I'm going to hold myself accountable by posting a screen shot of my Nike Run totals this Friday, and on Monday, December 1st. I'm at 894 miles for the year thus far, not including treadmill miles. The summer set me back. December 1st, My tracker should read 1,000 plus miles. How freaking cool is that?!

I love participating in this challenge. I don't care who you are, extra accountability is always a win!


Email me

Daily Motivator




3 comments:

  1. The food battle struggle is real!!!!!!!!!!!! And you are so right, tis the season. It is only going to get worse from here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! You're in the central time zone, right? What do you do when it gets dark super early? Treadmill it up? Gotta run off all that food somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I did this last year too. I logged 48, mostly walking. I'm going to try it again this year and aim for 50 again but more running than walking.

    ReplyDelete