Friday, October 24, 2014

35 Minute Incline Walk/ Run Treadmill Routine

Good morning and TGIF! Is it just me or was this the never ending week? Every time I have an event I'm really looking forward to over the weekend, the work week drags. Hurry up fun time! Alas, it's weekend time again! This morning I was supposed to do 60 minutes of cross training. Well after pressing snooze 5 times (Nick loves when I do that) I was running short on time. Have I mentioned I really dread those 60 minutes of cross training?

 I through together this run/walk routine and a quick chest/shoulder/ab workout for a total of 70 minutes in the gym this AM. Since we moved, I have to be much more conscience of my time in the mornings. We only moved about 5 miles out, but our old location was incredible central. Meaning I had more time to lolligag. IE Pose for selfies, chit chat, debate breakfast, change my outfit four times, get Nick to take an OOTD for me, I ain't got time for all that now

 I love to use incline walk/run routines for quick but intense cardio. In my experience, its a great way to increase pace and I find I actually get more out of it in terms of increased long run endurance compared to standard cross training ie elliptical/bike/stair master plus I just like running.


While I'm talking about running, you need to do yourself a favor and download this awesome run jam. I like it so much I don't want to listen to it too much because I'm afraid it will lose it's magic. Ya know what I'm saying?  It's good. And it's Halloween time, how ya gonna pass on a song called Ghost?



Saturday morning I've got 7 whole miles on the agenda. Increasing mileage, decreasing temperatures, gotta be fall! Happy weekend and happy running!


Email me

Daily Motivator


1 comment:

  1. Specifically came here to get some motivation to get out of bed and get to the gym! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete