Thursday, July 31, 2014

Southern Girl Blogging Community

I am proud to announce that Elle Noel is one of the newest members of The Southern Girl Blogging Community! What's that? A group of ladies from across the South, who write a slue of blogs in varying subject matter. I'm so excited to explore the group and meet other bloggers!



When I started writing Elle Noel, I mostly networked with other women who wrote blogs with similar content to my own: health, fitness, running, weight loss- all awesome subjects. Subjects I will always be passionate about, however, I do have other interests so I'm excited to explore new territory. Always room for growth! 

There's so much more to Louisiana than Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street. I get lots of emails regarding things to do when visiting Louisiana, especially where to eat, where to visit, where to stay, and travel tips off the tourist's beaten path.  I'm going to start a series including things to do, places to visit, and "Southern" posts as part of this little rebrand. 

I was born and raised here in Southern Louisiana, and I am proudly a Southern girl through and through. I won't pass someone on the road and not wave and say hi. If I make eye contact with a stranger I will always smile. If you come to my house, you will have to let me fix you something. I believe that ma'm, sir, please, and thank you are magical words that open all doors. I'm not afraid of hard work, yard work, house work, and I'm always willing to lend a helping hand when I can. Work hard, play hard. It is always better to be over dressed. If my husband hadn't opened doors for me on our first date, he wouldn't have gotten a second. Chivalry is not dead. Breakfast after ten on the weekend equals brunch and there should be booze served with that. No one cares about sad late lunch.  Family always comes first. Football season is a way of life, and all social events revolve accordingly. Everyone knows everyone, and the phrase How's your Mom and dem? has got to be one of my favorite greetings.

I can't see myself every being anywhere, but right here where I'm supposed to be. I am quite passionate about this great state of Louisiana. Thank you Southern Blogging Community for welcoming me!

Email me

Daily Motivator






5 comments:

  1. I'm a proud Mississippi girl and I fit right in with what you wrote about being Southern. It is a lifestyle, not a location! It is almost kickoff time! We will have to agree to disagree on sports teams though... Hail State!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I was just about to ask if they had a Mississippi contingent! I see your first commenter is from the 'Sip like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Soon I'll be able to call myself 'southern'...maybe? J taught me about "how's your mom and dem", "have a little lagniappe" (def had to google the spelling on that one) and "makin' groceries". I love you Louisiana people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was raised in Texas, went to college in Arkansas, and still remain in Arkansas. I love being Southern and wouldn't trade it for anything!

    ReplyDelete