Thursday, July 10, 2014

2014 - 2015 Race Goals

Running, training for a race, each run has purpose and a goal.  It's off season down in South Louisiana. The treadmill is boring but the AC is oh. so. nice. I've spoiled myself to watching the news, racing the person next to me, wondering where so and so bought those cute work out pants, running my yap when I see someone I know, and enjoying the ac. The ac ya'll. It can not be underrated.Wednesday night however, I took my cardio back outside. I needed to sweat. I needed to move. I needy that soupy humidity feeling covering my skin. I needed to run.

Last run season was a heart breaker for me. I trained in the heat and humidity for my second half marathon, bound and determined to PR. The weather had other plans. Jazz was a miserable run. I was able to shake off that failure, and continue with Marathon training. Training was tough. There were some hard runs, a few Why am I doing this melt downs, but after each mammoth run I felt more determined than ever to get to the marathon finish. My body had other plans for me.I busted my knee after months of training for my first marathon, on race day, and after that, my heart wasn't really in the run. I went through the motions to get through my last half marathon of the season.I had already paid for the sign up, there was no way I was going to back out. Thankfully, that race gave me the confidence booster I needed when I was able to set a new PR. 

After that last half marathon, I was ready for a break. I had been actively training for some form of a race from July 2013-March 2014. I was injured. I was tired. I needed to miss running to remember why I loved it so much in the first place.

Wednesday evening it was humid, and as I was heading into my last lap, I thought to myself that's good girl you did a lot today.  I was tired. My legs have been sore all week from Monday's leg day, Sprints on Tuesday, and I wanted to bring it down a notch. I wanted to cut out my last lap. I started thinking about that marathon finish line again. Would you quit on race day? Just thinking about getting to the finish gives me chills. It gives me the ability to pick of the pace and empty what's left in the tank. I never feel as great post work out as I do when it ends with a run. 

I'll be your ghost, your game, your stadium.

I'll be your fifty thousand clapping like one.
And I feel alright, and I feel alright,
'Cause I worked it out, yeah I worked it out.
I'll be doin' this, if you ever doubt,
'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out.

I got my mind made up and I can't let go.
I'm killing every second 'til it saves my soul.
I'll be running, I'll be running,
'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out.
And we'll start a fire, and we'll shut it down,
'til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out.

OneRepublic- Love Runs Out 
Current Power Song


I'm looking forward to exploring my new neighborhood and establishing new run routes. I'm looking forward to the incredulous feeling, the high, that comes after the mammoth distance. I'm looking forward to the highs, the lows, and solving the worlds problems out on the run. I'm looking forward to the early morning run, the cold run, the freakish January hot run, the camaraderie on race day and all those days leading up to the race.  I've got to find out how it actually feels to cross the marathon finish line. The madness continues.

2014 - 2015 Race Goals

Cajun Cup 10K- November 8, 2014

Beach Half Marathon - December 6, 2014

Louisiana Half Marathon -January 18, 2015

Rock N Roll Half Marathon - January 25, 2015

These three races will qualify me for a Half Fanatics medal

Zydeco Marathon - March 1, 2015

Crescent City Classic 10k - April 5, 2015


Email me

Daily Motivator


5 comments:

  1. Excited to see that marathon back on the plans for next year! I am currently an indoor runner thanks to the NC heat and am longing for cool September nights to come back. This humidity is no joke! I am looking forward to a cool, flat half marathon in November as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your determination!! I am excited to read about you getting back into running and need some inspiration myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you sister. I have bombed on my 2014 summer race goals for these exact reasons - my mind, body and soul was tired from all the training and racing. I'm glad you're back on the saddle! I'll be looking for you ahead of me when I get back on, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even think about running outside in the Austin, TX heat. You are a crazy woman! Crazy in a good way, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the Rock n Roll Half in DC as my first half marathon and I looooved it. I never thought I'd do another, but that race got me hooked! Next one for me is in October!

    ReplyDelete