Thursday, May 15, 2014

Women's Health Week with Ash Z

Good morning party people! Today I'm participating in Women's Health Week with Ashlee from Ash's Right Direction! I'm over in her neck of the woods today annoying her readers with how many times I can say ya'll ;) Ashlee is achieving to the ultimate balancing act: Wife, Mom, dog Mom, and commuted to fit! Let's be real, I'm struggling with my regular schedule plus my puppy Nacho. I really can't wrap my brain around how you Mommas make time for it all! Take it away Ashlee!

Hello Elle Noel readers! I am pretty excited to be guest posting here today because I have been following Mrs Noel's journey from the beginning I think. She is a huge inspiration to me and has pushed me to do more than I thought I could. We actually started our blogs around the same time (July 2012) and we are the same age. I think we were meant to be virtual friends :)


Anyhoo, my name is Ashlee and I blog over at Ash's Right Direction. I am a wife, a mom, and a girl trying to get to the healthiest version of herself she can.

Women's Health Week is this week and I think that it is a pretty important week. I started getting serious about my health after seeing my wedding photos and hearing my "female" doctor tell me my blood pressure was way too high. I was 25 and I was put on blood pressure medication. I decided it was time for a change. I was newly married and I wanted to be healthy for the years to come.

After losing 35 lbs I ended up getting pregnant with Mason. Right before getting my pregnancy news I was told by my physician that I could stop taking my blood pressure medication. I decided I was not going to let the pregnancy be an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and slack off with my workouts. I was active throughout my pregnancy and I loved being pregnant. I think the activity helped.

I started doing more 5k races with my mother in law, we were just fast walkers for them. Last year I decided I wanted to start running some of the races. I was (still am) slow, but I pushed through. Having a race to look forward to help keep my motivation up and my activity up.


I am currently training for my first half marathon and found a 10k I want to do in September. I am branching out with my activities and trying new things. I want to try the obstacle courses I keep seeing advertised. I feel like I have become stronger in the last year with the Jillian Michaels' workouts and the P90X3 program.


I am not a gym person, I enjoy working out in the comforts of my own living room. You don't need a costly gym membership to get active. You have roads all around you to get out and walk on, those are free. Most of the DVDs that I use cost under $10.

I have come a long way in the last couple years. I have worked hard to be the best I can be for my family. It is never too late to start your "get healthy" journey and you don't need a doctor giving you a prescription you don't want to kick start it. We should all be the best versions of ourselves for us.

Daily Motivator

~Ash
IG -- FB


Email me

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome Ashlee, you are awesome and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete