Monday, May 5, 2014

Lucky Number 27

Good morning! 
So much to celebrate today!
The Sun is shining, them birds be chirping!
Happy Monday!
 Happy Cinco de Mayo! 
Happy Phase Three day 1 day! ( LOVED this first workout!) 
Happy Birthday to me!

Yup, today is my birthday. I've got to say, I'm really enjoying this time in my life, 26 was a wonderful year, and I know 27 will be even better! I've always been the type of person to put a lot of pressure on myself in terms of, Am I doing everything I am supposed to be doing? Is my life on track? How can I improve? Must excel in the next stage! Stress, stress, stress, gotta be perfect (I'm NOT) hint: stress, stress, stress.

I'm enjoying my mid-late 20's so much more than I enjoyed my early twenties. 

Turning a year older has been a time of self reflection for me, as I'm honestly enjoying getting older. Each year, I learn more about myself, strive to improve on my short comings, and capitalize on my strengths. I know a lot of people are sad to see their early twenties slip away, but when I think about it, the early twenties were pretty stressful. 

Will I ever finish college? 
(yes, and you'll wish it hadn't ended) 
More importantly, will I be able to take care of myself? 
(anticipate a learning curve, but you'll be a-ok) 
Am I prepared to take care of myself? 
(yes, your big girl panties fit just fine
Will I make enough money for everything I need and most of what I want? 
(hahahahaha no you won't, learn to budget)

After college, there was a shift in priorities, and of course life stress.  At 22, I started my big girl job. Lord I was terrified of messing up, daily. I just knew one wrong move would destroy my future. I made mistakes sure, but I did a lot of things right as well. Five years into the work force, and I feel confident in my career path. I'm no longer the lowest man on the totem pole. Gotta start at the bottom! Moving up feels grand, and came with a boost in confidence at the office. There's validation in knowing your hard work is paying off. 

My desk this morning
I got married at 24, which forced me to confront how I was feeling about my physical appearance. I started focusing on taking care of this one body I've got to live in the rest of my life. Better take care of yoself lady!

Feeling fabulous in my skin at 27
Each passing year, I feel closer to my husband. Cheese ball: I feel like I'm living a Brad Paisley song, I thought I loved you then. We've been together for eight years, married almost three, and we've faced some trying times together. We've had some fantastic times together as well. I'm starting to think about growing older together more and more. I couldn't be happier with my choice in lifer. Any lingering  negative feelings I've had about turning a year older, he's immediately squashed. He makes me feel like fine wine Which is good because the early twenties days of being OK with boxed wine are long long gone.



My Mom made me feel so special this weekend, having family over at her house to celebrate this new year in my life. I look around me and realize how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many supportive and loving people. I've been surrounded by rich relationships, and I know how rare that is. Loving friends and family, are my greatest joy. The people in my life are by far my biggest blessing. And Nacho, can't forget about my little Nacho!

Here cher, let me help you with this leash! He's so thoughtful
Cards from family, well wishes from friends, and the countless social media high fives will make it impossible for me to wipe this stupid grin off my face all day! Thank you all so much for reading my little story, and encouraging me as I'm constantly discerning what's coming next, and balancing my real life with my blog life. Elle Noel is a joy for me to write, because of you. Thank you thank you! I hope you too, have the best day ever!

I won’t take it for granted
I won’t waste another second 
All I want is to give you
A life well lived to say, “thank you”

I wanna live like there's no tomorrow 
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive

I won’t take it for granted
I won’t waste another second 
All I want is to give you
A life well lived to say, “thank you”

Jason Gray - Good to Be Alive: Theme Song for my 27th year :)

Email me

Daily Motivator



13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, girl! Wishing you a wonderful, spectacular day (and year)! Your outlook on life and growing older is something more people should acknowledge. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope your day is awesome! I'm totally with you--I turned 29, GASP! in March--late 20s are awesome. I'm gonna hope 30s are even better since it'll be here before we know it!

    -Heather
    I do what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Umm hello adorable Nacho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, pretty! Here's to year 27 being your BEST yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, friend!! Cheers to being 27, more fabulous than ever, in love more than ever and many many good times ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once worked with someone that cried every year on her birthday that she was getting old. I view it as a blessing. Another year of life with family and friends. Love your outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I hope year 27 is everything you hope it to be! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I feel the same way as I get older now! I feel better than the year before and hope for even better things in the coming year! You are amazing and definitely an inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete