Thursday, May 1, 2014

Jamie Eason's Live Fit Phase 2 Review

Over the last few weeks, I have been loosely following Jamie Eason's LifeFit Program, beginning with Phase Two. The Live Fit program is 12 weeks long, and comes complete with work outs, and daily meal plans. The best part? Are you sitting down? It's completely FREE. Like legit free. Free, free, free the best word ever is free! Sign up here. You do have to give them your email address, small price to pay.

I started pulling work outs and getting meal ideas from her program somewhere around early-mid March. The first phase consists of a minimum, if any, cardio, and as I was prepping for my last half marathon of the run season, I couldn't strictly follow her plan. IE, I had to keep my miles up so that I would be able to run the half.

Additionally, I have always believed and continue to believe, that you have to do a proportionate amount of cardio for the amount of body fat you have/want to lose. I have a fatty body type. I will always have to do cardio, and more than once or twice a week. Life's tough get a helmet.

If you are completely new to the gym/exercise program, I truly believe this 12 week program will get you up and going in the direction you want, and confidently. No standing around staring at equipment thinking, What should I even do? This is so overwhelming. 

For the past two weeks, I have been following the last two weeks of Phase 2 like clock work. This amazing thing happened when I stopped running 30 miles a week, I can control my appetite again! Happy Dance! I've done really well with diet, even over the weekend, Feeling grand! I don't have any type of aesthetic goal I'm working towards, just want to feel good and get stronger. Basically, I need to give myself and my body a break from so much running. The program is helping me to switch gears from running brain, and I'm not sure I could turn that off on my own. All around it's been positive, positive, positive!

Here's what I've got to say about Phase Two:

  1. I love following a daily work out some else has put together for me. Brain off and go!
  2. I'm seeing results. Even from the short two weeks I've followed strictly with food and fitness. (Food is always the key) I can already tell my body fat is going down.
  3. I haven't even been able to run much because the leg days are straight whipping my ass. Maybe 15 miles in two weeks? It's all been treadmill time too. Surprise, I haven't been hating it either!
  4. I feel so strong. Stronger every day. It feels incredible to feel strong. I don't know how else to describe it. It's like you walk a little taller and support your body in a completely different fashion. LOVE it. 
  5. All of her recipes are delicious. All of them. 
  6. I feel challenged. The only move I can not complete are he 3 sets of  15 hanging leg raise. I'll complete 5 of each set then switch to 10 Roman Chair leg raises. When I first attempted I could get out two hanging leg raises. Progress!
    These bad boys are HARD
  7. I get weekly emails telling me what to expect the coming week. I find I'm looking forward to them! Here's my message from this week:
I've heard so many amazing things about the LiveFit program from others, that I had to see what the hype was about for myself. I plan to completely commit to Phase 3, and I start next week! True Confessions, I am intimidated by the final phase of the program. However, if there's one thing I've learned about myself , in intimidation there is growth, and in growth there is power!

Anyone out there completed the LiveFit program? What are your thoughts?



Email me

Daily Motivator

7 comments:

  1. I downloaded the app a while back and recently have been following the same plan too, but loosely as you said. My legs are still sore today from leg day 3 days ago. Seriously. I am, however, still logging 18-22 miles a week but that feels like a major decrease to me! I LOVE how it shows you exactly how to do something as I tend to need an example for certain things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i need to know the name of the app! i would love to try this out, but i need an app!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for trying new things! I need to get on there and browse around. Especially for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like free. A lot. I will check it out, thanks!

    -Heather
    I do what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this program, but I really like free and something that many people have good things to say about..so I will have to check it out! I am doing Body Beast right now...so maybe next?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I on the last week of phase 1 and am loving that everything is laid out for me. I agree with you about the equal cardio rule though. I'm excited to start that again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished day 44 last night and my legs are still killing me 24 hours later! Couldn't even think about walking on the treadmill today. I think I saw your post back in March and decided to do it too. You're right, it's so nice having someone else figure out what the program and just tell me what to do.

    ReplyDelete