Monday, April 28, 2014

Nacho's First Weekend as a Noel

You may not be aware, but over the weekend, this little bundle of precious, adorable, sweet, lovable, cuddly, playful, perfection came home to live with us....

Nacho Noel born March 15, 2014
I know. He's so cute he's hard to look at it. He's just so darn cute. His cuteness level is truly astronomical. He attracts new people everywhere he goes, and he's never met a stranger. He's a total chicklet magnet, earning soft pets of approval from all the tiny humans at Petsmart and the park this weekend. He's so cute we just want to stare in awe of the overwhelming cuteness for hours on end. Basically that's all we did for 48 hours straight. Stare down Nacho.

Who's really in charge here? ;)
Nacho is such a good boy. He's smart, playful, and energetic, for roughly 30 minutes at a time. Then he wants to lap up some water and sleep off his play time.


Nacho had his first trip to the vet this weekend. Which he slept entirely though. Prolly for the best. The doc says Nacho is one healthy happy puppy, and has been given a clean bill of health. Nacho weighs 7lbs 8 ounces and is growing quickly! Nacho is half Golden Retriever, half Yellow Labrador Retriever, otherwise known as a Golden Labrador. The vet thinks he's more golden at this stage with his fuzzy coat, and block shaped head. We were warned to take lots of pictures as this stage won't last long. Two steps ahead of you doc Everyone at the vet's office couldn't get enough of Nacho. I mean, look at that wittle face


 Right now, Nacho loves to play tug of war, chewing on whatever we allow him to, napping on the cool floor, cleaning out his food bowl, getting rewarded when he pottys outside, and taking short little walks around the neighborhood. 

Nacho's favorite toy, his squeaky fox
Nacho is an early riser which is just fine by us, as he sleeps in his kennel at night. We were apprehensive about our first night with Nacho, but he surprised us both by being a good little sleeper. We're so proud of his big boy attitude! He's picking up potty training and discovering his voice. Yes, even is bark is down right adorable.


Monday will be his first normal week day in what has surly been a scary couple of days in Nacho's short little life. We're all a little nervous. Nacho is such a joy and I already love him entirely too much. However, everyone was right in saying having a puppy is similar to having a baby. We're pretty exhausted. Coffee. Must. drink. more coffee.

Nacho's ruff life
In other news, Nacho may need to get his own Instagram account. I am a fitness blogger, I am a fitness blogger...

Weekly Work Out Goals

Monday:
RIPPED

Tuesday
Strength
30 Minute Fast Run

Wednesday:
Legs

Thursday:
Strength
Stair Master

Friday:
Strength
30 Minute Fast Run

Saturday:
Legs

Sunday:
Rest

Email me

Daily Motivator


19 comments:

  1. OMG he's soooooo stinkin' cute. LOVE. Dogs are great! :) The pic of him sleeping on the food bowl - I die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH Oh dear God LA he's perfect!!!! What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously PRECIOUS! I would sit and stare at Nacho all the time too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One recommendation---to shorten the space he has in his cage when you leave him all day. We made that mistake with our dog and she would frequently use the bathroom in the cage until we shrunk it down :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo sweet! I just got a yellow lab puppy too! I feel terrible about crating him at night. Do you let him out to potty every few hours? What does he do during the day while y'all are at work? I totally have puppy mom guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone who has a newborn and has had a newborn puppy.... the puppy was more difficult. Not kidding. We crate trained Sandler and he would wake up every two hours during the night the first two weeks whining to go outside. It got better quickly though! Crate training is definitely the way to go. Mine both love their crates and they are in them while I am at work which prevents them from tearing up the house or choking on something! I have never had a single thing chewed or torn up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. CUTENESS!!!! Nachos is one handsome little fellow! That face! Those paws! You have one cute pup on your hands there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me tear up a little. I just lost my yellow lab, Boone a few weeks ago. He was my best friend for 14 yrs:) He was also a block head and very stocky (not fat), lol, build! He looked like a big yellow bear. Thus, the nicknames, Bear, Bonne Bear, Boonedog, Big Bear,and so many others thru the years. I'm sure Nacho will have lots of nicknames too...it just happens, lol! And feel no shame at taking lots of pics, they grow sooo fast. I only have fur babies (4) and I have FRAMED pics of them all over the house. They are my loves, my heart, my happy! I'm sure Nacho will be yours too, he already looks super happy and loved! Congrats and best of luck and please keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're actually making me want another dog. Nacho is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a helpful tip, I would take the towel out of his kennel. One of my friends left a towel in her puppy's kennel and he decided to eat it for a snack and it ended up taking the poor babys life :(

    On a lighter note he is ADORABLE!! We're getting puppy #2 in a few weeks and I do feel like I'm preparing for a baby haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH! The cuteness...have so much fun, and enjoy him being so itty bitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture of him napping on his dog dish is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leigh Ann, he is beyond adorable! And he did not fall asleep on his doggie dish!!! Just too tired to finish his dinner, huh??

    And PS, there is no such thing as loving your dog too much, especially with that face. Way too cute! Have you guys given him any nicknames? Ya know, because it's totally normal to call your dog things like "little mister" and "stink breath McGee" haha! I'm so glad you're enjoying him :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I can think is" It's sooo fluffy!!" I am equally obessed with our pup and love reading about other's dog adventures. Our pup had the same little fox when he came home. He quickly developed a love for chewing and quickly devoured it!

    ReplyDelete