Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Girl's on the Run- New Orleans

There's a very special event upcoming in New Orleans in a few weeks. It's a 5k happening Saturday, May 10, 2014 (Mother's Day Weekend) called Girl's on the Run. Girl's on the Run is an organization that encourages young girls to come together, with their mothers/aunts/friends to get active, support one another, and have fun doing it! 



I was approached by the New Orleans' Girl's on The Run chapter to help spread the word about their event, and I feel incredibly honored to do so. It should come as no surprise that I am a total girls girl. 

Some of the most important people in my life, are women. Strong women. Independent women. Free thinking women. Kind women. Thoughtful women. Out spoken women. Women who are leaders. Women who aren't afraid to stand up for themselves. Women who are supportive of me. I treasure these relationships. They have literally shaped my life. 

I am all about I am Women Hear me Roar, there's nothing I can not do, and I will never ever limit myself. I want everyone to do well. I want everyone to be happy. I want everyone to be confident. I want everyone to love themselves. It's beautiful when someone is proud of who they are. I want us all to win.

I also know, young girls, hell even older girls, let's be real adult women too, can be really great at tearing one another down. I think a lot of difficult female relationships stem from feeling like giving and supporting someone else is taking away from an individuals own accomplishments. The compare game is the ultimate joy steal-er.The green eyed monster is fabulous at destroying female relationships too.

Girl's on the Run's mission really spoke to me, Together we are dedicated to improving the world one child at a time; inspiring them to be joyful, healthy, and confident. I wish there had been such a group when I was a girl. What an incredible mission to teach our youngsters! Supporting one another is fun! Being Active is fun! Getting involved in the community is important! 

It is so very important to lead by example, walk the walk and talk the talk. Monkey see monkey do. If I lived in New Orleans I would be all over this event in a heart beat. I've got an email into the Greater Baton Rouge Chapter to see how I can get involved near me!



This organization really pulls at my heart strings. The ladies at Girls on the Run, are doing something right. Be sure to sign up today for the event May 10th, this is sure to be a fun and inspiring morning for everyone involved! If you'd like to get involved with Girls on the Run, click here to find a chapter near you.

Email me

Daily Motivator


3 comments:

  1. I CAN NOT wait until my little munchkin is old enough to run with me! For now we will just have to work on running with the stroller. We did the FIL 5K this weekend (her first time running with me) and she had an absolute blast. I hope that within the next few years we can get a Lafayette chapter here... if you want to start one I'd be all over it with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! -Georgina at GOTR

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband and i are relocating to louisiana next month, so i LOVE reading all of your posts about LA running events. Girls on the Run seems like such a GREAT organization. I'm going to have to check them out once we get settled in.

    ReplyDelete