Friday, March 28, 2014

Zydeco Half Marathon Playlist

Music, if it weren't for great music, I'm 100% convinced I wouldn't be in as good of shape as I am now. A great song encourages me to give much more of myself. I often think about what people did in the walk man/disk man days: Real talk, I wouldn't have made it as a runner.

 If my ear buds are in that means no talkie all workie. I like music. I really like loud music. I'm that person with the loud music you can hear outside of the car. The volume music should be set at either in the house or in the car is my husband and I longest running argument. What can I say?! I like to JAM. I'd rather sing than talk. True story. That said, picking a select number of tunes for the half was pretty challenging for me. The following made the cut:

Hold On Colbie Callat
The Man Aloe Blacc
Marry Me Jason Deroulo
Miracle Matisyahu
All of Me (Tiestos Birthday Treatment Remix) John Legend
Drunk in Love (feat. Jay Z) Beyonce
Winner (feat. Justin Timberlake & T.I.) Jamie Foxx
Wild for the Night (feat. Skrillex & Birdy Nam Nam) A$AP Rocky
Classic MKTO
Chocolate The 1975
Cannonball Leah Michele
Can You Do This Aloe Blacc
Don't Hold Your Breath Nicole Scherzinger
Let's Go (feat. Ne-Yo) Calvin Harris
Lift Off (feat. Beyonce) Kanye West & JAY Z
Pumpin Blood NONONO
TKO Justin Timberlake
Kyoto (feat. Sirah) Skrillex
Ring the Alarm Byonce
Partition Beyonce
Timber (feat. Ke$ha) Pittbull
Take Me Home (feat. Bebe Rexha) Cash Cash
Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) Jason Derulo
Best Day of My Life American Authors
Wake Me Up Avicii
Fade Into Darkness (Vocal Radio Mix) Avicii


Best of luck to everyone running this weekend! Race weekend I really heart you....

Email me

Daily Motivator



3 comments:

  1. Good luck wishes for your half! I love when you post playlists, I always end up grabbing myself some new tunes after reading your playlists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I'm going to have to download some of those. :) I've been loving motivational (and upbeat, of course) songs for running lately: Katy Perry's Roar, The Script's Hall of Fame, etc. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing some 1975 in there! Saw them a few weeks ago at sxsw - and they were awesome! Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete