Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Summer Goals: Operation Red Bikini Part Deaux

I've been toying around with my summer goal ideas for awhile now, and when I realized late last week I have exactly 58 days, from today right now, until swim suit time, I realized it was time to put some goals in writing! For me, there's one way to make goals a reality: start a challenge and set up some deadlines. Got to have a mark to reach for!

button

Long time Elle Noel readers will remember the long running challenge from last spring, Operation Red Bikini. The entire challenge accumulated into a giant give away and link up opportunity for us all to share in our summer success! The idea is really simple, What is your goal for summer? What will make you feel your best come swim time this summer? What are you going to do to get there?

Last year, I really felt I had reached the fittest I could ever be. I was pumped with my success and felt awesome all summer long. Through lots of hard work and overcoming a few set backs, I've been able to maintain that success and increase my physical fitness. I'm still in shock most days over what I can do, and how confident I feel. Still I'm left feeling like, What's Next?

This may come as a surprise, but after my half marathon on March 30, I'm going to take a break from running. That's not to say, I'm not going to run, I am always going to run, but I'm not going to actively train for a race. I'm going to cut back on distance running. I've been doing a lot of research in regards to long, steady cardio sessions (ie an hour plus running more than once a week) and it's effect on a persons metabolic rate. I feel my metabolism needs a change up. As of right now, I do plan to train for, and if all goes well, run the marathon again next year. However, my exercise routine is lacking variety. I have been actively training for a race since July, and I'm tired. I don't ever want to feel like I dislike running. I need a little hiatus! Variety is the spice of life- things my Momma says

 I'm shifting focus to strength training. Heavy strength training. I've been shifting that way since my knee injury in January, and I'm loving the way it feels to be strong. To get stronger. To do more each week than I have the previous week. Since joining the new gym, and being surrounded by so many people who inspire my fitness, I'm super excited to see what my body can do. I've got two and  half weeks left until the Half marathon, and so far I've been able to incorporate more strength training daily. Something I couldn't do while Marathon training. I don't feel like I got stronger during Marathon training. I feel like I maintained and ran off the rest. 35 -40 miles a week is a lot of miles yo. 

All that said, I'm looking for a summer challenge. I want to bring back Operation Red Bikini, last year's swim motivation. I'm down to bring back the exact same challenge, start the Instagram #operationrebikini thread, part deuax.

My Operation Red Bikini goal is to be able to squat 150lbs. I want to complete atleast one set of six 150lbs squats by July 1st.  That's my #Operationrebikini goal.  Right now, I'm squatting 67lbs, it's not a lot but everyone has got to start somewhere!

Who is down for Operation Red Bikini part deaux? Challenge yourself! You won't ever regret it, that I can promise with absolute certainty!

Email me

Daily Motivator


18 comments:

  1. I'm in..I knew after the half I ran two weeks ago, I needed to take a break from training for races. I've signed up for a couple of 10k's over the next few months, but my heel spur has me crying uncle to long distance running...for now.

    I'm down for the ORB challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach! I love feeling strong :) I love walking into the weight area and having to up the weight from the person before me. I would have to say my ORB goal for this year is to get back into running. I miss it. I miss the high after a good run. I miss the fat murdering it does as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for ORB...since I'm already on Operation Hottest Bridesmaid for this summer :) Oh, and Operation Don't Cheat due to a last minute cruise planned that leaves in 11 DAYS!!!!! Ahhhh, so much motivation and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm all in!! I'm still running and racing but I'm lifting heavy too!! I have a wonderful wedding that I get to stand up in. It's only 5 mths away...ekkkk...pictures that last a lifetime. I know I'm not going to be my goal weight but I want to rock the dress and be comfortable with my self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this challenge last year! I want to make it through P90X3 & be in size 10s comfortably in all styles - I also have a tankini that I ordered that is a little small right now and I want it to fit nicely for Maine this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duh Elle, I'M IN! I got a pink bikini that I need to get a little more comfortable in - this is the best motivation to do so! Love your leadership, sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in!!! I've been looking for another challenge like this! Not sure of my goal yet, but I'll be posting about it, you can bet on that!

    PS I think you're missing a D in #operationrebikini (#operationreDbikini)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in! So excited... Going to the about my goals and do a post tonight! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in!!! I'm getting married on May 31 with my honeymoon soon after. I've never been in a bathing suit in from of my fiance and we've been together for 3 years! Now is the time!! I'm down 18 pounds since December 1st and looking to lose another 10 by the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Need to think about my goals, but count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all about Operation Red Bikini! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm excited to participate this year. Last year I didn't participate, but I read all about it. My goal is to wear shorts out in public this summer. I've hidden in capris the last two summers and it's time to break these babies (ie my white legs) out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED the #OperationRedBikini hashtag last summer, and I'll definitely be participating again! Glad you're bringing it back :) I kinda let myself stop eating right and exercising much after getting back from our honeymoon in October, so I've got some work to do to get back to where I was on wedding day. About 20 pounds actually! Yikes! That's painful to write out in real life, but saying it helps, right? Anyways, I'm totally down for ORB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I didn't participate in ORB last year, but I followed your journey and it was awesome to see your results! I'm in for this one, I just have to define my goals, gotta make it a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in! I didn't do the Operation Red Bikini last year, so this will be part one for me!

    You expressed my exact thoughts on running. I'm getting ready to run my 4th half in April (I've run all four in a matter of a year and three months) and my body is TIRED. My goal for 2014 is to run a full, but thankfully I have some time after this half to rest. My body is tired. My weight loss has stalled (I think because of all the running). And, my exercise routine is kind of dull at the moment. I need a change!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad you are bringing this back - I need it! My goal for ORB is going to be similar to yours, something with lifting weights.... because of my knee I am in the same boat, trying to focus on lifting heavy.

    My goal is to complete Jaime Eason's 12 Week Live Fit Challenge!

    I started last week and I have to say, two weeks in I am loving it! Its free online which also helps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As soon as I get cleared to work out (hopefully this week!!!) I will be joining in!

    ReplyDelete