Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Race Week Prep: Zydeco Marathon

Hey Hey Hey! It's me! Bad blogger of the year- March edition! I'm going through a life is insane right now phase but things should even out soon enough. They always do cher. 

I'm running a half marathon this Sunday. WHOA! After the disaster that was my Louisiana Marathon attempt, I'm so happy just to be running. My knee hasn't bothered me not a teensy little bit since late February. I'm heading into the Zydeco half with all cylinders firing oh yeahs! While the rest of the country is complaining about the late winter weather, I am all kinds of happy. It was hot last Saturday and real talk, that is no fun for a race!

How does one prepare during the last week before a race? Oh hey Wednesday, how you doin!

Weekly Work Out Schedule:

Monday:
RIPPED was canceled this week The horror. In luei of RIPPED I popped in leg day. Heavy leg day. I really pushed myself. More weight, more reps, more work. Booty work. My legs are still hurting today. Woops. You know it's bad when they start hurting before you leave the gym. The work out was Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer Day 38. After lifting, I threw in an incline walk/run routine for fun. Just 30 minutes. No big.

Tuesday:
Can't. Walk. Ok that's dramatic but I can't run. Instead of running, I did 30 minutes of the stair master and bicep/tricep/ ab strength

The ab guilder, my new bestest friend

Wednesday:
30 Minute Tempo Run *Fingers Crossed my quads don't come detached*
Back Strength

Thursday:
30 Minute Pyramid Run
Chest & Abs

Friday:
Rest 

Saturday:
Rest

Sunday:
Half Marathon

I have mixed emotions about long run season ending. I had hoped to accomplish so much more this run season. However, when I stop and think about all I was able to conquer, those life long running fears, in under two years, I'm truly amazed. I will miss the Saturday morning long runs, and the anticipation that leads up to a race. I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to run the inaugural Zydeco half Marathon, which I'm sure will be a 2014 highlight for me.

That said, I'm looking forward to giving my body some rest. I'm burnt out on running. I want to fully commit to a shift in goals. Building lean muscle mass while cutting fat. I should mention I'm already signed up for two races in April (5k &10k) but a 10k will be my distance max for a little while. I've got a few agenda items going on behind the scenes I'm excited to share in due time too. Exciting things are coming!


Work out and nutrition has been on point for a few weeks now and I feel a-maz-ing. Amazing. Eat lean, fat burning machine! 

Email me

Daily Motivator


2 comments:

  1. I love the pyramid workout thanks so much for sharing it.I have been slowly incorporating heavy weightlifting into my routine. I hope to get on the at burning train after my marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this!!! I'm so glad your knee feels better and hasn't given you any trouble. Can't wait to read about the half marathon!! And I hear ya on the crazy life part....can it slow down a little please?

    ReplyDelete