Monday, March 17, 2014

11 Mile Training Run, Weekly Goals

Phew what a weekend and Hello Monday morning, you didn't disappoint. I caught a wild hair and made it to 5:30am Body Pump this morning, then I put out a Twitter fire Good morning you've been hacked!, done a load of cloths, and emptied the dish washer! Is it really only 7am? Buckle up here we go!

I made it through weekend number TWO without cheating my diet. No faturday, and it's paying off. I ended up taking a rest day on Sunday, but it was needed. It had been a solid 12 days since my last. Rest days are an important part of recovery! We're now two weeks out from the Zydeco Marathon in which I will be running the half. I must be honest, having to sit out with my knee for a month really toasted my long run endurance. If you don't use it you lose it. I have no high hopes of PRing this half marathon, but I do want to be able to run the entire time without my knee hurting me. My goal is to finish the race strong. 

I started off my 11 mile training run feeling super strong, and rolled through my first 10k in about 55 minutes. I had to sprint across the road at one point as I didn't want to stop and wait for a car, and the sprint pretty much toasted my endurance. I had some bathroom issues, directly associated with a low carb diet, and I had to make a pit stop at mile 9. The last two miles were a real struggle, but I finished the run strong. If you want to get better you have to get uncomfortable. On more long run and it's half marathon time! I love race day!


After the run, the Sole Sistas had brunch together and we had such a wonderful time! We always do when we get together. Happy Birthday Darlene! I hope your whole weekend was freaking fabulous just like you!


Weekly Work Out Goals:

Monday:
Body Pump
RIPPED
Two a day getting cray

Tuesday:
3 Mile Run
Strength

Wednesday:
5 Mile Run
Strength

Thursday:
3 Mile Run
Strength

Friday:
Stair Master
Strength

Saturday:
12 Mile Run

Sunday:
Rest if needed
Are you wearing green today? No pinching me, no way jose!


Email me

Daily Motivator




4 comments:

  1. Good work outta you on the 11-miler! I'm training for two half marathons and one relay race (in which I'll be running a total of 13.9 miles), all of which are within four weeks of each other. I'm doing Whole30 right now and therefore eating super low-carb, and I have yet to figure out long-distance fuel with that type of nutrition. Oh well: I guess that's what those practice long runs are for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, if you want to get better, you have to get uncomfortable... So true! You're killing it, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekends are the worst! Congrats on getting through without a cheat. Your always such great motivation thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete