Monday, February 24, 2014

Tough Decisions and Weekend True Confessions

Gah Monday. This one is ugly. Mais la I am so tired. True Confessions time, this past weekend was one of my worst food weekends in recent memory. In terms of fun weekends it was way up tipin the top of the let the good times roll scale. We are full swing Carnival season here in the south and I am loving every second of it!

I have no idea what was so funny
I did not work out. Not once. Well unless you count dancing along the parade route. I did burn some calories there.


We went out to eat Friday night, Saturday for lunch and Saturday night. I made so so choices and I drank my weight in champagne. I also ate King Cake. Like a lot of king cake. It was chocolate filled too. Like I don't even want to tell you how much King Cake but my husband said if I didn't confess he would loud cap me in the comments of this post. I regret nothing. 



Gah, the bad news keeps coming right?! My waist line and liver just can't survive another week of Mardi Gras. You can and you will!

I'm sure the coming weekend, Lundi, plus Mardi Gras will be vicious in the weight loss department, BUT I am going to rock this week.

In run related news. I haven't run more than 4 miles at a time since my injury at the Louisiana Marathon late January. I am currently registered for the Zydeco Marathon on March 30th. I really want to run the Marathon this day, however, I want to be able to run through out my life even more. I've decided to focus on getting to the half marathon finish line without any pain. I am absolutely positive that at some point in my life I will be a marathoner, it's just not going to happen for me this year. I've been struggling with this decision, and it's honestly left me avoiding my blog and online life. Since I began writing this blog, it's been such a positive outlet for me, and I have always felt that if I put something up on the blog, I would make it happen. It's been very difficult for me to admit to myself and to admit publicly that I can not run the marathon in March. I kept hoping for a knee miracle but it's just not meant to be. Le sigh. Unfortunately, my real life knee just ain't keeping up, and it's time for me to move forward. 

Time to move on: I plan to pick up with Hal Higdon's Novice 2 half marathon training program this week. This past week I ran the treadmill every single day with no pain, so I'm hopeful I can complete the half. Here's the plan:

Monday: RIPPED
Tuesday: 3 Mile Run & Strength
Wednesday: 5 Mile Run & Strength
Thursday: 3 Mile Run & Strength
Friday: Body Pump
Saturday: 10 Mile Run
Sunday: Rest 

Things to look forward to this week on the blog: In Bloom Boutique Review, give away, and discount code for all! Hey Hey Mardi Gras!!!

Now back to my real life as a fully functioning boring adult ;) 



Email me

Daily Motivator






12 comments:

  1. Love those pants miss!! You are an amazing athlete, runner and blog friend! You are only putting the marathon on hold and it's because of an injury--you can't help that and are so very right that you would rather run for the rest of your life than one marathon right now. I'm cheering for you in life in general (cheesy much?)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honesty is what keeps us coming back for more, so please don't let that ever be a negative thing! We love you and want to see you healthy - you know we'll support you no matter what! :) You've inspired me to run a half this year if that's any consolation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this year, next year, it doesn't matter does it? The goal is set and time will heal your knee. You'll get that 26.2, you will!!
    I love Hal's programs, if you can, try downloading his app for the training, I love that he has motivational words in your ear as you run lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA, those pants are amazing!! I agree with everything my wise elder sister wrote up there ^^^ (she has a way with words, doesn't she?!) And I am so jealous of your Mardi Gras fun. True story, Phil and I have discussed randomly taking a trip to NOLA in the coming weeks, many many times. We have yet to pull the trigger, but anything can happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog and I just love your attitude. If not this year, maybe next year. You can and will do it, you just have to let your body recover first. Keep up the positive attitude and your hard work will pay off! Stay happy and healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it must be hard to admit your knee isnt ready, but good news is you put on your big girl panties and made the best decision for your body :) Sometimes we have to listen to our bodies and not our stubborn heads :) You will do amazing!! Good luck and have fun this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we love you whether you run the marathon this year, next year, in 5 years, or never. I think I can speak for a lot of your readers and say that you are such an inspiration no matter what you are trying to accomplish. Sometimes life has other plans for us, and what's important is that we roll with the punches, which you definitely have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your daily motivator quote today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for letting the good times roll!! You slipped up with food choices, but I think it's fine. You had a wonderful time with your husband and friends, and that's really important in the grand scheme of life! :) Smart girl for scaling back from the full. I believe you will run a marathon one day. You inspire me to keep going!! Have a wonderful afternoon and week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl..You have to listen to your body and push it but if it pushes back at you well then you need to accept it and heal (did you follow that. LOL). I'm proud of you no matter what and I know you will run that 26.2 miles it may just take a little bit longer than you like:)
    Great job girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am playing catch up right now and I LOVE Meche's chocolate filled king cake... I had a few slices when I was down for my would have been marathon that my cousin got to run - but of course I carbo loaded with him like a champ... so I could cheer him on, lol - at least its just once a year... I know they are available all year, but I only allow it during carnival season!

    ReplyDelete