Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Snack Ideas

I am always looking for snack ideas. I'd rather snack than eat a full meal. I try to eat a little something every two to three hours. I need snacks to be easy to throw in my purse, and portion controlled for me. Individual packaging works best if you have grazing issues. If you graze, you know what I'm talking about, and if you don't graze, you won some type of genetic lottery so be thankful. Here's a few staples I always keep on hand:

Emerald's Dry Roasted Almonds are my favorite



FRUIT! I really love fruit, though I will admit to watching how much I consume as I do count my daily carb intake. Fruit is also great for morning shakes and that snack attack when you need something sweet. 


PB2: great in shakes, oatmeal, with a side of fruit, or by itself! 



Turkey perky jerky: low carb low cal, high protein turkey jerky that comes in an assortment of flavors. I buy mine at Target.

Quest bars are great for snacks, pre early morning run fuel, and breakfast on the go. I have yet to meet a Quest Bar I didn't like!



Edamame is a favorite for my husband and myself. He shops a lot at Sams Whole Sale, where edamame is sold at a great price in individually packaged bags ready to toss in microwave for a guilt free treat!

Last but certainly not least, the ultimate snack for me is popcorn. I eat it nearly everyday and I never feel bad about it. Life is meant to be lived, not endured!



What are your go to snacks? Share with the class!


Email me

Daily Motivator

19 comments:

  1. I love Halo's, hard boiled eggs, fruit in general, LOVE me some PB2... and I need to find me these Quest Bars! I can never find them?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcy do you have a GNC or complete Nutrition?? That is where I get mine. They are a must, so yummy!!

      Delete
    2. Id look for them at GNC or just order them online... Bodybuilding.com, GNC.com, Quest's website and SO many other places online have them, and you can buy the single bars too!! You can even use discount codes!

      Delete
  2. Popcorn is one of my fav snacks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also obsessed with popcorn (skinny pop, smartpop both have 'healthy' pre-popped corn) and these seaweed snacks I've been able to find at Kroger in the health-food aisle. If you have a Trader Joe's, you might be able to find them there :) Thanks for the almond and Turkey Jerky ideas, those might become a new staple for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree on eating small meals/snacks rather than eating a large meal. And popcorn is my fave! I need to find that turkey jerky though - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH awesome snack ideas. yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love me some popcorn! Great post, I'll have to search for the Turkey Jerky at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered my love for Quest bars last week. They are quite delicious! I also always have those roasted almonds in my pantry.

    I like celery and peanut butter, plain popcorn with lime juice drizzled over it, string cheese and wasabi peas.

    I have never seen that brand of turkey jerky at Target! I need to look harder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favs are apple/peanut butter, almonds/halo, string cheese, and quest bars. I love popcorn and forget about eating it as a snack. I should do that more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Ideas...thanks!! I love soybeans and keep the steamables in my freezer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm currently testing out a whole pickle as a snack instead of a banana, a week into it and I'm a believer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. popchips & pirate booty when i want something salty. sweet cravings are satisfied by spreading pb2 on a warm chocolate vitatop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's not a very conducive "on-the-go" snack, but it is super yummy.

    Warm sweet potato chunks
    Cottage cheese
    Some sort of sugar; I use stevia.
    Cinnamon.

    It sort of tastes like cheesecake and is perfect for when I have sweet food cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of those are my favorites! Yummm. Also, I am a huge fan of greek yogurt for a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to try the Quest Bars! I see them all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just bought some almonds like that to snack on! I'm a grazer too....no shame. I'm so excited that my work unblocked your blog from me! They block random stuff and yours has been blocked for so long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a sams membership - will have to look for the edamame!!! I have the PB2 chocolate and NEVER thought about adding it to oatmeal, that's genius!!!!!

    ReplyDelete