Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Gaining while Losing: Tips & Tricks for Success

Two posts two days in a row this week, someone showed up to play! Today I want to talk about staying motivated. Daily. Holy Kanolie's it's a challenge. I don't think anyone could hit it hardcore 365, we all need time to rest and recharge. Sometimes that rest time may come with a little back slide but what's most important is getting re motivated and back on the horse when that happens. 

Now here you are, motivated and ready to make big changes. Oh yeahs! Enthusiasm at a ten! Now what do I do? If you don't have a plan. you're going to fail. You can not wing weight loss.I don't believe in fancy gimmicks or expensive products, the main reason I failed as a Beachbody Coach, but you do need specifics guidelines for how you will succeed. You need a meal plan, and you need an exercise plan. Let's start with food. Maybe you want to follow weight watchers, paleo, adkins, macros, dukan, clean eaters anonymous the list is endless and guess what- they all work. Everything works as long as you stick to the plan. 

I've tried just about everything under sun from being super hungry, I did crazy things I'm not proud of  in the weeks leading up to my wedding, to strict clean eating, cutting gluten and carbs. What works best for me now is eating a balance of macro nutrients and not focusing on restrictive eating. Log what you eat, and learn that it's ok to say no and pass on food without having to explain yourself. It's not anyone's business why you don't want a piece of cake or don't want fried chicken for lunch. Just say "no thank you, none for me!" " I'm not hungry but thanks for the offer" "no thank you". That's all you gotta do boo. In my experience, once you start explaining the why you're opening yourself up to other peoples opinions. The opinions of people who are not watching what they eat, human nature says to them guilt the dieter into eating this so I don't feel bad about what I'm eating.


My biggest tool for food success is logging everything you eat. Get real with yourself about what you're fueling your body with! There's so may options here as well: My Fitness Pal, Calorie King, Weight Watchers Ap, old school style with a pen and paper (GASP). 

The most important factor for me: Fitness! As someone who used to loath exercise, I know how intimidating it can be to get moving. Those first few weeks and months in a new place, when you feel like everyone around you is more fit, more thin, and more knowledgeable than you, sheesh It's an intimidating situation. However, you have to build a bridge and get over it. Not only will regular exercise speed along your weight loss, but you'll be surprised at the incredible feeling you get post work out. The endorphin high makes the food monster much easier to manage.

Surround yourself with people who have similar goals. One of the best things I ever did was make friends with people who love fitness. It's a built in support system of people who know what you're going through and want to support you. Join a gym, a run group, weekly fitness classes filled with familiar faces, muscle your way into a weight loss group on Facebook, find a group who will miss you if you fall off the map for a week. The fit community is incredibly supportive, and uplifting. Get involved!

I shared this article on my Facebook page last week from one of my favorite blogs. I absolutely love Sophie's blog, specifically this article in which she discusses media Marketing towards women and weight loss. Generally speaking, marketed health and fitness towards men focuses on fueling the body to build muscle and get stronger. Marketed health and fitness towards women focuses on dropping pounds fast, cutting calories, and get thin fast gimmicks. The biggest take away I got from this article, Why are women focused on what we want to lose? Do we want to be small and unassuming? Why don't we want to be strong? A force to be reckoned with! We need to place less focus on size 4 jeans and more focus on what's going on under the surface.

Things I have gained since losing 60 pounds:

1. Confidence
2. Self Assurance
3. Will Power
4. Muscle- lots of muscle
5. Friendships
6. Discipline
7. Respect
8.Strength
9. Perseverance
10. Empowerment


What have you gained while losing?
What are your tips for weight loss success?

Email me

Daily Motivator


6 comments:

  1. Ooh that was a powerful article! Makes me want to go out and lift some heavy shi.....things! And I love your list of things you gained when you lost weight - number 1 will always be confidence. I can't wait to get mine back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the media, its horrible. I cancelled my subscription to Women's Health and Fitness magazine... I want to be strong, not small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this blog
    Http://tinyurl.com/n45fkkl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, you rocked this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3M : výborné lepidlo prsa přijde

    Jsme schopni nabídnout tuto konkrétní dobrou kvalitu v naší vlastní společný podnik spolu s ByeBra . com . Pro jeho spojení spolu s 3M , L8rs Bra se prodává ve většině zemí po celém světě , a proto tato množství , L8rs Bra . com může nabídnout prsa přichází s rozumnou cenu prodejní cenou . Byli jsme docela rádi, takže můžete poskytnout vám s tímto vynikajícím dobré kvalitě . Mnozí z nás mají pocit, že je tu spousta z dovozu , které se často všichni spojit s našimi osobními prsy , která byla jedním z důvodů, proč každý z nás zahájených tento web .
    Každý z výše uvedených prostředků, které byly rádi pro Vás kontaktovat sami odborníky v dobré kvalitě lepicích prsa přijde . Pokud máte prakticky jakékoliv dotazy týkající se věci , jejich dobrou kvalitu , nebo možná , pokud byste chtěli pokyny (které jsou k dispozici v tomto on-line video médií L8rs Braz.) , nemají tendenci myslet dvakrát , abyste nám zavolat nebo třeba zaslat e - e-mail pomocí našeho kontaktního formuláře.
    Neviditelná podprsenka
    Neviditelných podprsenek
    Podprsenka bez raminek

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to getting more confidence back - that's the area I have noticed has suffered the most since I let the weight creep back on!

    ReplyDelete