Thursday, January 2, 2014

Taper Weeks: Final Plan

Good morning!! Thank you all so much for all of the cheer leading and support for me over the last week, with my injury revelations and did I just do that run, my training has admittedly been all over the map, as has my attitude in regards to the marathon. I have been overwhelmed by the amount of emails I've received and support in comments on Instagram and Facebook. It's very important to me that I respond to everyone, so please be patient with me as I work to get back with each of you. Ya'll are awesome! I feel so loved, and I want to give that back! 



Training for the Louisiana Marathon has been difficult over the holidays. Not only does this feel like the fourth Monday in two weeks, but having the holiday fall in the middle of the week threw my whole routine into a tailspin. I am a creature of habit. December was filled with social occasions and my nutrition suffered because of it. I also drank alcohol more frequently than I would ordinarily, twice sometimes three times a week, and I know this greatly affected my training. December was rough for more than a few reasons and for that, I am happy to see it go.  

I have a case of long run legs, it feels like I ran 20 miles a the other day- crazy! I felt incredibly sore Wednesday, but I'm ready for some cross training today. Here's a look at my modified training schedule for the remaining weeks to the marathon. 

January 1: Rest
January 2: Cross Training & Strength
January 3: Body Pump
January 4: 12 Mile Run
January 5: Rest
January 6: RIPPED
January 7: 4 Mile Run & Strength
January 8: 3 Mile Run & Strength
January 9: 4 Mile Run & Strength
January 10: Body Pump
January 11: 8 Mile Run
January 12: Rest
January 13: RIPPED
January 14: 3 Mile Run & Strength
January 15: 2 Mile Run & Strength
January 16: Cross Training & Strength
January 17: Rest
January 18: Rest
January 19: MARATHON

I'm running my first marathon this month. It's getting real! I can countdown the days to marathon now. This journey to marathon has felt as long as the race itself, and I can not wait to cross this major milestone off my list! I'm also looking forward to being able to lift heavy on my legs again. I've missed a good heavy leg day. Something else to look forward to, I can't wait to getting a pedicure. My lady sasquatch feet are disgusting. Several of my toe nails have gone black, that's run pride, oh yeahs. I haven't had a pedicure since before our beach vacation. Did that paint a pretty picture? You're welcome :)

 In the coming days, I have decided to focus on fueling to run. I'm upping my carb and calorie intake, but still monitoring the fat count. Basically, I'm adding in more fruit and whole grains: sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa etc. Through out training, I haven't fueled properly consuming too much artificial sweetener, and too few carbs which led to lots of bathroom issues. Another victory in the 20 mile run was ZERO bathroom breaks. Hallelujah!!!!! Additionally, I'm focused on hydration, hydration, hydration, no diet drinks and no alcohol for me until after the race. I can't believe it's getting so close. It's time to start thinking about the really important stuff: finalizing my playlist and travel arrangements. Most importantly, what will I wear on race day?! I'm such a girl.

Email me

Daily Motivator



9 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I'm so looking forward to following along with you as you reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you. This was supposed to be my first half, but injuries set me back so I'm just doing a different race. I can't wait to watch you crush this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously lol'ed at the part about the pedicure. No lie, that's one of the things I am most looking forward to when it comes to the marathon. I actually feel bad for whoever the person is who will have to clean up my disgusting blister toes. I feel like I could have written your last paragraph...I still need to figure out all of those things too. I love following your journey to the marathon, helps me get a little more excited and a little less freaked out about my own marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited and proud for you! You are such an incredible inspiration and motivation. I know you are going to do amazing! I love reading your journey, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! So excited for you. I completely agree with the pedicure. I long for pretty feet but don't want to get rid of the blisters. Love that your list included what to wear on race day. I love cute outfits when racing!! I am just starting my marathon training this month and am so excited! I was wondering if your still watching your carbs? I am so worried about gaining weight and want to keep losing. I know watching my carbs will help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome! you are going to rock this marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing awesome you are going to rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've got a great plan laid out!! You will rock it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to hear about every minute of it! You're such an inspiration! You got this!!! Cheering you on from Ohio

    ReplyDelete