Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Smothered Tilapia: Under 200 Calories

 FYI- this is not my recipe. It's one that I've shamelessly stolen from my Mom. She discovered this recipe along the years through weight watchers circles, and it is delicious. It's simple to make but feels fancy! My favorite part of preparing this dish is how fast it is to prepare. If I'm just getting home from the gym at 7pm, the last thing I want to do is cook dinner. I want to prop my feet up and turn my brain off. I'd say total stove to plate time is 30 minutes. When I make a meal like this I prepare four servings of 4oz tilapia. I usually make one serving for me, two servings for my husband, and one for myself to have for lunch the following day.

7 ingredients to a quick fancy dinner:


Tilapia Fillets - 10oz cooked
1 8oz container chopped mushrooms
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion/Bell Pepper Mixture- I use Guidrys
1/4 Cup Salad Olives
1/4 Cherry Tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced Garlic
Pam

Saute fish and set to the side. I cook my tilapia in Pam only. I don't want the extra fat and calories from EVOO


Set fish to the side


Saute Onion & Bell pepper mixture with desired amount of minced garlic and mushrooms. I use about a table spoon of minced garlic. I saute the veggies for about ten minutes to cook down the mushrooms. We like for things to be a little al dente


Next combine salad olives and grape tomatoes. The longer the olives are cooked, the less potent the flavor will become.


Last, mix in the cooked tilapia. The fish will quickly absorb all the flavors from the vegetable mixture


Serve and...  c'est tout fini!

Under 200 calories for dinner!!!

Occasionally, I'll serve this dish with brown rice or a sweet potato and steamed veggies. I didn't do that Tuesday night, because I used popcorn before bed as my grain. Priorities.

What is your favorite quick and easy go to dinner dish?

Email me

Daily Motivator


8 comments:

  1. I am so making this for dinner this week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering... now if only the rest of my family wasn't so picky and would eat fish! ...except I know a toddler that would eat it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, I can't believe how low cal this is. I plan on eating SO MUCH.

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, YUM! I always love it when you post recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER pumped to make this next week and add it to my weekly rotation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to give this a try. I don't really eat much seafood but I've heard tilapia is a great, healthy place to start! Our favorite quick meal during the week is usually an omelet with lots of chopped veggies in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds delicious! I love tilapia.
    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete