Thursday, January 30, 2014

Protein Waffles & Sneax Day(s)

My lack of posting this week has been down to two Sneaux Days, only we never had any snow. We've had a wintry mix, translation, cold, ice, slush trapped inside. I didn't have much to write about other than, it's cold and we have cabin fever! Monday I tried Yoga for the first time in years. I went to a class over lunch with a co-worker. It took me awhile to relax and enjoy the class, but I must admit that I felt so calm and well rested at the end, like I had taken a two hour nap in the middle of the day. I will definitely try and add in one yoga class per week. Monday afternoon I made it to RIPPED. A normal day before we went on lock down.

Tuesday morning we hit up the gym and ran my goal distance of two miles. My knee was hurting when I got there but I was able to complete the run. I made the decision to take a rest day Wednesday, iced in, and give my knee a break. My goal is to run 4 miles this evening, we'll see what happens.

I know everyone up North is thinking, what the heck is up with these dramatic southerners?! Our cities are simply not prepared for inclement winter weather. The city rushed out to purchase salt and sand to cover a few of our main bridges, there are over a hundred in the city limits, and they found enough salt for 6, and we have no snow plow. I's been an interesting couple of days. I know now without any doubts I'm not cut out to be a figure skater- crushing life long dreams thanks sneaux day.

I did get creative with breakfast since I had all that extra time on my hands! Protien waffles are easy, and a great cure for a sweet tooth!

1 Scoop Cookies & Cream Whey Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Liquid Egg Whites

I topped my waffles with Walden Farms Calorie Free Syrup and homemade fig preserves my mother in law gave us! Delicious!

210 Calories 1F 15C 34P

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm! Who is ready for summer?! THIS GIRL!

I NEED a tan.

Email me

Daily Motivator


2 comments:

  1. Those waffles look delish and I am also in need of some serious Vitamin D (pastayyyyy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...you southerners crack me up, but I totally understand it since it's not the norm for you. It would be like me wearing heals at my job. So not happening. I hope it clears up down there asap.

    ReplyDelete