Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Post Marathon Plans

The last six months have revolved around getting me to the marathon, and  I haven't had much time to think about what comes next! Over the last few weeks, I've spent a lot of time thinking about where do I go from here? I began writing this blog to document weight loss, and I completed that original goal. Then came running, and macros, and fat loss, followed by falling off the wagon and feeling like I needed to start all over. Then began marathon training, fast forward to present day, and all I can think about is What's next for me?

I'm a goal oriented person in all aspects of life. I have to have a goal to shoot for. Presently, I'd like to lose some pounds in preparation for summer. I also have a few upcoming races to plan for, and I want to run those for speed! The lighter I am, the faster I move. Rocket Science huh? 

I've used the Advocare 10 -day Cleanse twice in the past for a kick start gettting those numbers rolling down. I'm going to start here again. My biggest down fall has always been the weekend. Always. I'm social and I like to party. No one is surprised. I'm going to start my 10 day Advocare Cleanse on Monday, January 27, if anyone would like to join in! I'm starting it on a Monday because it will only eat up one of my weekends, and I want a little bit of slack post marathon. If you're interested in doing the cleanse with me, you can order one here. I order the citrus because it's the most potent. I also wouldn't recommend going without Spark either, and if you've never tried it you're missing out. Stuff is a-maz-ing! My favorite flavors are the fruit punch and mango strawberry. I live by Spark, it gives me so much energy! I've even started packing it in a ziplock and mixing some with water on my mammoth long runs. I may pack two for the marathon, I'm still determining how I'll handle my hydration needs.

More on that later, I promised myself one post this week would be non-marathon related. Good luck with that!

After the cleanse, my plan is to resume a low carb, high protein, low fat diet. This weight loss method has always worked for me in the past.  I want to look and feel my best this summer, which means I've got to get working on that NOW. Summer will be here before you know it. I don't have a specific weight goal in mind. I'm more concerned with my body fat percentage and it's high for me right now at 24%, ideally I'd like to get to 18%. I have two races on the agenda post marathon, a half marathon, and a 10k over the course of the spring. I'm sure there will be a smattering of 5ks in there as well. I want to focus more on running for speed vs running for distance. 

I really can't believe I'm already thinking about more running. Honestly, in recent weeks, I've felt burnt out with so much running, over so much time. I've felt like running has controlled me, not like I've been controlling it. The marathon is so close now, I'm so excited for this race and accomplishment, I'm already dreaming about the next time I'll run a race. Race day magic, makes all the training worth it. 

Email me

Daily Motivator


6 comments:

  1. Question about the spark... most Gatorade-type drinks, including Nuun, always make me very flemmy (is that a word?) which I hate while I'm running, so I have just been sticking to water. A friend of mine is sending me a sample of spark, but I was just curious if you use anything other than water on your long runs? Holy Crap - 3 more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triathlon....?!?!?! Perhaps!?!?! #shamelessconversioneffort

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the marathon! I'm sure you will do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to read about your marathon recap!!! You are going to rock it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck Girlie!! You'll do great. Honestly just take a break. That's what I did. I just took a break for a month. I still ran but only little runs. I did join mTT (my team triumph) you can read about it on the old blog under....becoming an angel. It's a great organization. Might be something to think of.
    Nicki
    www.beautifullyawkward01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to make a confession here. I have tried the 10 day cleanse both times and less than half way through I gave up. I KNOW. But I was nowhere near where I am now. I am totally 100 percent ready to make the commitment and I am NOT wasting my money AGAIN! So... I am buying it tomorrow and I will be participating with you on the 27th. I may have some questions about the cleanse though... ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete