Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Marathon Week!!

Holy Bananas it's finally here. Marathon week. This time next week, I'll have run 26.2 miles for the first time ever. I'm going to live with that medal hanging from my neck. My last long run before the race didn't' feel so great. Mt right knee has been causing me problems since the 20 mile run, and my number ONE goal is to feel healthy and strong on race day. If I can't run for two weeks after the race so be it, but I have to feel healthy on race day. 

When training for my first 10k and then half marathon, I lived and breathed by Hal Higdon's plan. I treated it like it was the law according to running. The marathon has been a totally different animal. I've had to listen to my body, rest when needed, and shorten a few runs. I've been dreaming about this finish line since I crossed my first half finish last February. I've been consistently training for a race since last July. The race itself as almost felt like a fictitious day that would never materialize. I can't believe it's finally race week. I feel prepared. I feel strong. I know I can do this. I am so excited!!! (No one is surprised)


Remaining Work Out Plan:
January 13: RIPPED
January 14: 3 Mile Run & Strength
January 15: 2 Mile Run & Strength
January 16: Cross Training & Strength
January 17: Rest
January 18: Rest
January 19: MARATHON

Race Day weather looks to be in the low 40s and slightly overcast, which would be PERFECT running weather for me. I'm crossing my everything and praying that the stars align the way they did during my first half marathon. I hope I have this incredible life altering experience out there on the road. I pray that my body feels strong and nothing hurts or twinges on race day. Whatever happens out there during those miles, I'm getting across that finish line if I have to crawl on my elbows to do it.

6 Days to go....

Email me

Daily Motivator


15 comments:

  1. EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I am so excited FOR you! You are going to do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to hear how it all went!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I AM SO STINKIN' PUMPED FOR YOU SISTAH! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you - you are going to rock! Rest and ice that knee this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gahhh I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to read all about it. You are going to do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck - although I'm SURE you don't need it - you will do fantastic!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy race week! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear all about, girl! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I will cross my fingers for good weather (and I totally relate on wishful weather hoping, I've been attempting to train for a half in sub 0 temperatures, NOT fun!).

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yayyyy! So excited for you! Enjoy it! Don't speed up until mile 18, follow your plan for water, Gatorade and fuel, and only focus on running to the next water stop! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl, it's Anna Broussard's sister, Emily. I just had to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! Can't wait to hear all about your marathon... you're going to rock it! PS. I got a membership to Red's for Christmas, too. I hope that Anna and I run into you there one day! I'll be the one that looks dead, and she'll be the one that looks like she owns the place. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to do great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SOOOO excited for you!! I look forward to hearing all about it (when you have the energy to tell us)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am super excited for you! I love the energy and adrenaline rush during race week! I can't wait to hear how you ROCKED this race!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! You're going to do so great!!! Thanks for being such a great source of inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete