Friday, January 31, 2014

Cleanse Update, Knee Problems: Random Trash from Me

Alright cleanse day 5 and I'm down two pounds from Monday. Holler! I can't say I've been following Advocare's recommended diet with the cleanse. I've been doing a hybrid version of my own thang. some girls aren't meant to be tamed. MEOW must be Friday! 

I like to follow macros more closely, as this is the most successful way for me to shed fat. Thank you Ashley for leading the way! I am NOT presently strictly counting macros, however I do loosely follow certain numbers. I'm a pretty boring eater and have been living on consistent staples. This is why I haven't been posting many meals lately. Oh look she's eating that egg white turkey scrambler for dinner again. Snooze fest.

Proteins: leanest ground turkey money can buy, boneless skinless grilled chicken breast, grilled fish (usually tilapia because it's cheap), egg whites, Turkey Jerky (snack), and Protein powders she think she fancy nah!

Carbs: Sweet Potatoes, Oats, Brown Rice, Fruit,  Popcorn somethings you just can't live without

Fats: Peanut Butter Powder (I have portion control issues with regular peanut butter so I no longer purchase it. The first step is admitting you have a problem) 100 Calorie Almond Packs

Veggie HEAVY: Broccoli, Spinach, Normandy Blend Steamables, Bellpepper, Edamame if I'm feeling frisky

I've tried to eliminate diet sodas from my diet but it is challenging for me. Some days are better than others. True confessions: I always give into my biggest weakness over the weekend. Hello my name is Leigh Ann and I'm addicted to Sonic's Route 44 Sprite Zero with Mango. Hi Leigh Ann.

In running news: WOMP WOMP WOMP. My knee is fighting me Every. Single. Day. but it is getting better. I have to remind myself daily that I JUST injured it 12 days ago. I rested my knee Thursday, and was able to do more of the lunges in Body Pump Friday morning. WIN!

Side Note- Bumped into Anna and her sister from Running on Plenty! We should have taken a pic, but who's photogenic at 5:30am?! Wasn't one of her resolutions to take more pictures this year? 

Progress not perfection. 

I am not a patient person. I am however seeing improvements in my squats. This has never been a strong area for me so for that I am happy! Annual beach vacay is on the books. 



Good gravy I am so random.

I hinted at something big we're working on earlier this week, and I'm ready to elaborate. Don't worry hunnie I won't air all of our dirty laundry. We are in the process of buying our first home and holy canolies I am overwhelmed. I am not a numbers person. No one is surprised. 



It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday


Two pounds lighter AND jean day. Christmas comes early! Oh wait.... my tree is still up.



Email me

Daily Motivator






8 comments:

  1. lololol I LOVE this randomness today. You are totally cat-like today and it's showing in your frisky-ness. WIN. Your diet sounds like mine...lots of ground turkey, lots of PB2...I'm still struggling getting my Macros right (I'm getting better), but it's frustrating not to see success on the scale just yet. HIGH NOTE THOUGH! Body Pump is rocking my face of!! I feel like Ryan is talking to us in that picture. Soooo good to see you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this whole post!!! and Ryan Gosling is definitely a motivator. Good luck on home searching!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonic's Diet Strawberry Limeaid is a thing of beauty...as is their Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper. I joke that when I started getting healthy, all of the Sonic's within a 20 mile radius of me went out of business. They honestly did which saves me from my fountain soda addiction. I am too lazy to walk up inside of some place to get my drink on. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the house! --Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now I am going to hit up Sonic this weekend! Also, congrats on the house it's big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your food choices :) I am in the process right this second of planning out our weeknight dinner menu for next week :) Im struggling with remembering not to buy my trigger foods - crackers...cheese....cheese...cheese...need I say more :) Good luck on the house buying adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do your macros look like (if you don't mind me asking) number wise? I try to follow a "macro conscious" diet, but I never know if I'm aiming for the numbers I should be aiming for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very interesting information and its helpful to that people who suffering from knee problems.

    ReplyDelete