Monday, January 27, 2014

Cleanse Day One, Injury Update, Weekly Work Out Goals

Good morning party people and happy Monday to you! I'm juggling 18 million hats this week, so the blog will likely be spaztaztic. If you're new here, I'm sorry, but you'll have to adjust. Today is Advocare Cleanse day one, so far so good! I've had my SPARK! this morning, and breakfast of egg whites, spinach, and fresh pineapple. Watch out Monday I am coming for you! I've done the cleanse twice before, and it's been a great way to kick start those numbers rolling in the direction I want them to: Down down to loser town! 

I did not fall out this weekend Praise baby J, it really is a miracle and I'm down to pre-Christmas weight. It felt fan-freaking-tastic to step on the scale this morning and not think Let's see how much fun I had this weekend- in numbers! I'd like to lose about 10 pounds and really make all my lady muscles stand out. Since I can't run right now it's the perfect time to focus on shedding fat! Oh yeahs!

Post marathon knee drama (It's been one week and a day) work outs have gone like this:

Monday: Rest Day- Little to no walking. Laid up on the couch 90% of the day.

Tuesday- Rest Day- Back at work, and went to the doctor. Cleared to run as long as it is pain free. Walking like a thriller video extra, but so HAPPY to be out of the house. I'm not cut out to stay at home.

Wednesday- Rest Day- walking better, knee still acting up. Itching to exercise

Thursday- Body Pump- went really well, can't do lunges on my left leg but could do everything else

Friday- 40 minutes Elliptical (going backwards agitated my knee but I'm so hard headed I did it anyway) Body Pump. Still can't lunge on the left leg

Saturday- 30 Minutes Stair Master. Knee felt great! 20 Minutes Strength Training. Oddly enough going Down stairs bothers my knee more than going up. 

Sunday- Back on the treadmill one week post marathon. Started off with a brisk walk, felt great, so I turned up the pace and started going at a 6.0 (easy pace for me). It felt so great to RUN. Somebody left the gate open! Full disclosure: my knee started hurting at 3/4 of a mile in. Not a good sign. Sooooo I turned up the pace and got to a mile faster then brought it back to a brisk walk. I worked out with Madeline and we did a HEAVY leg day. I can now lunge on my left leg! Monday morning legs feel awesome in that I tore it up kind of way. Thinking I'll try two miles on Tuesday, getting so crazy around here, but we shall see it's all up the knee. I am so cheesy this morning!

This week's Work out Goals:

Monday: Lunchtime Yoga and Afternoon RIPPED

Tuesday: 2 Mile Run (Treadmill) & Strength- I'll probably turn this into an incline work out.

Wednesday: RIPPED

Thursday: 4 Mile Run (Knee permitting) & Strength

Friday: AM Body Pump

Saturday: Long Run (Knee Permitting)

Sunday: Rest (Tentative)

In other news, I've got my eye on something that I want bad bad. Which only means one thing : full steam ahead until I get exactly what I want. Pray for my husband's sanity. He LOVES when I get organized and focused on a goal that involves him. HA! Seriously, cross everything you own and say a little pray because I have the I WANTS something intense. I hope I can tell you about this SOON! 

Peace, love, and the good juju to all of you this week! 

Email me

Daily Motivator


9 comments:

  1. You are a rockstar lady! Cheersing you with my Spark and Fiber drink this am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the cleanse today today! Just downed the fiber drink. Yum ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your knee is cooperating! I hope it keeps getting better and better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the positive attitude! You have got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the knee is on the mend. You poor thing! I'm glad you're taking the positive high road. Proud of you girl!
    Nicki
    beautifullyawkward01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amaze. Keep trucking right along! Are you doing the 10 day? or 24?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear things are "working out" ahaha!! Nice job getting back to pre-holiday weight...I'm not quite there yet. Eating clean and working out this week will help me..but with birthday weekend coming up, not expecting too much :) I'm intrigued about this new opportunity you speak of... We've got one too and waiting it out is sooooo hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s nice to know that you considered taking a lot of rest for that week, Elle! Injuries are part of our active lifestyle, and we should know how to deal with them immediately. I hope you considered getting physical therapy sessions for better healing of your injury. Keep on running! :)

    Alan Siegel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Massage Therapy We prevent and treat a diverse range of injuries using hands on exercise modalities as well as the most sophisticated electrotherapy technology to get the best.

    ReplyDelete