Friday, December 6, 2013

TGIF: The Weekly Weigh In

TGIF! The first full week I've worked in nearly three weeks. That's just crazy and it flew right on by! I've got some good news and some bad news to deliver this mernin. I like good news, so that's where we are gonna start! Capiche?!

I'm looking forward to this weekend for so many different reasons. First, the Sole Sistas have a coffee date Saturday morning, which means I will have to get my rear of bed and hit the road early! When I know social time is waiting at the end of my long run, I can really move my buns. Run those legs as fast as you run that mouth



Second, Saturday night, my very best girl friends are getting together for our annual Christmas gift exchange! This translates into laughing until I can't breathe, dinner, dancing, wining, and general obnoxious behavior. Gonna be a great night!


I've finished my latest trashy romance novel, and begun checking off my procrastination list! My house is no longer a disaster area, visitors are welcome I'm talking to you Susannah  We also got our little home all decked out for Christmas. One Noel loves Christmas the most...

Cats are crazy about Christmas- True Story

Weekly weigh in this week was a pleasant surprise! Back down to pre vacation weight and no one is more surprised than me. I did not watch what I ate over Thanksgiving. At all. Insert three pieces of black bottom pumpkin pie. I'm curious to see how low I can get my weight before the marathon. I find I move faster the lighter I am, which shouldn't be shocking in the least. However, I'm not willing to go into crazy lady diet mode to do it. We'll see what happens....

Speaking of that marathon, this is where I have bad news. I'm battling injury.Say it with me now, womp womp. I had to bring my mileage way down this week. In lieu of running, I took in RIPPED twice, Monday & Wednesday, ran 5 on Tuesday, ran indoors Thursday for 30 minutes at a 9 minute pace, and polished it off with 20 minutes of stair master time. It's not a long run mileage building week, so I'm justifying this decision that way. My body has been really fighting me with this higher mileage all around. My legs are consistently fatigued, however my foot issues seem to be resolving itself by bringing down the mileage. Feet don't fail me now, six weeks to go!

Best wishes to everyone running this weekend! All of the Marathoners running St. Jude, Meredith, Melanie, Holly, Christin, I can't wait to hear all about this incredible experience you're about to embark on. I know you will all rock the race! 

All of my Sole Sistas heading to Baton Rouge for Women's half, I wish I could be there with you! You'll all do wonderfully and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Boots & a Scarf I am one happy girl!

Peace, Love, & Happy Running! TGIF!

Email me

Daily Motivator


10 comments:

  1. That mileage is killer on your body. I think it took me a full month to recovery after.
    I'm glad you got your head of those trashy novels...LOL just kidding. My third book just came in the mail and I can't wait to start reading.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Nicki
    www.beautifullyawkward01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no I had no idea you were battling foot issues! I KNOW what a stressor that is likely becoming for you. Rest it and listen to it, you still have time to get those runs in. You know whats best!

    and Thank you for the well wishes- so ready to get this show on the (icy) road!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your injuries =\ Hopefully you can rest but still work too :) Enjoy your FUN weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's better that you rest now. You were upping your mileage quite a bit. Taking a week here and there to rest and cross train is a good idea. I did the same thing (hopefully it works for me) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Noel, I hope you're just taking a well-deserved rest and nothing's wrong! If you don't update before then, hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same....starting to worry :) Be well.

      Delete
    2. She posted on IG that she was taking a break from the "cyber world" and would be back soon! Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  6. Just now catching up on blogs...how is the injury!? So sorry you're dealing with that! And thanks for the shoutout. Can't wait for my St. Jude redemption January 11. :)

    ReplyDelete