Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Recent Reads

Yesterday I revealed I've been sucked back into the deep dark hole that is the trashy romance novel. These days they all come in trilogy format too, which prolongs the addiction. They're cheesy, predictable, easy reads that can suck me in for hours on end. 

I've been reading far too many smutty romance novels as of late. Traveling a lot last month reopened that door. My kindle feeds into the obsession as I feel completely anonymous there. No one knows how many books I've downloaded, or what I'm reading. I can be reading my vulgar romance on an airplane all whilst chatting with the nice older woman sitting next to me and no one is the wiser. I love it. The only person who really knows how deep this obsession runs is my husband, since we share an Amazon account. He teases me relentlessly about my trashy book obsession What are you reading? Are you too embarrassed to tell me?

Busted
Yes I do find it shameful that I would rather read a romance novel than a murder mystery, or any novel with acclaimed literary merit, so sue me. Any-who, so many of you asked me what I was reading yesterday, I've decided to share with the class! I find most of these books through my E-Reader, in the suggested for you section, my husband just loves that. FYI- Don't download the $1.99 books. They're $1.99 for a reason. 

I've been reading the Sylvain Reynard Gabriel series,which is about a graduate student who falls in love with her smoking hot Italian studies professor because that happens in real life. 



I also just finished Katy Evans Real series, which is based around a girl falling in love with a smoking hot super famous boxer. Notice a theme here?



As much as I love a good romance series,these aren't the only books I've been reading lately. Here are some recent favorites of the non-romance variety: 

















What are some of your recent reads?


Email me

Daily Motivator






17 comments:

  1. In the event you need an official endorsement to make you feel validated: as a doc of literature, I give you my stamp of approval. Read all the trashy romance novels you want! At least you are reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it girl, and there's no shame in the trashy novel. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to need to check these out, because I'm still stuck on fifty shades. I read and then reread because I just can't find another one as trashy as that. You should check out The Edge of Never and The Edge of Always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read all of Christie Ridgway's trashy romance series. Usually she writes about a sibling group and I have loved every trilogy she's written in the last 3-4 years. We call them my 'skanky books'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trashy novels are the best. I am reading the Beautiful Bastard series right now and I love it. Sometimes I just like to read a book that requires no brain functioning! haha. I read Gone Girl last yer and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished Gone Girl a few weeks ago...I couldn't put it down! I will have to check out some of your other suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't do the romance books...just not for me! But I LOVED Gone Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving that sweater in you busted picture!!! Where is it from? I love my iPad because I can read whatever and keep it hidden. currently I am reading the 6th book in the Harry Potter series because I am about a decade behind the times and have never read them or watched the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm super excited that "Duck Commander" written by Willie Roberts from Duck Dynasty is ready at the library for me to pick up...just call me a hillbilly;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Gone Girl! I read her other book, Sharp Objects and it wasn't as good. I also started Dark Places, but I never finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you liked Gone Girl, check out the other Gillian Flynn books. I've loved them all so far. They can get pretty dark though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am currently obsessed with the Beautiful Bastard Series by Christina Lauren. There are 3 novels and 3 novellas so far and its a smutty jackpot :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was the same way with 50 Shades!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My all time fave romance author is Nora Roberts - check her out, she came out with a new series in October and Im just waiting for my semester to be finito before I get my hands on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hated the ending of Gone Girl, but it was still pretty good. I just finished the Hunger Games books - so good! I also just read Beautiful Disaster, which very much falls along the lines of the dumb, predictable, cheesy romance-type book, now I am on the hunt for my next read and looking forward to reading the responses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally finished Alliegiant and Orange is the New Black, working on Sycamore Row right now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ladies, check out Hopless by Colleen Hoover. It has some serious subject matter but it's FANTASTIC. :)

    ReplyDelete