Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year in Review: 2014 Goals

2013 has been a fantastic year! There's been up and downs, big accomplishments, set backs and triumphs in my professional, personal, and fit life.  I look back on the year as whole and think of some really proud moments. I can think of some not so proud moments, happy moments, and sad moments. There's been change and adjustment in all aspects of my life. I'm always excited to ring in the new year: new year, new hope, new chance to get it all right!

Here's a look at some of my favorite moments from 2013:

Training for and running my first half marathon will always be an experience I look back on fondly. This is where it all started for me. This was such a big accomplishment, and I was so very proud of this run. My first half marathon training was so unique and special and I'll remember it always!

Rock N Roll Finish line February 2013

Feeling confident enough to write the Operation Red Bikini post and post this picture.


I don't care how much weight you lose, or how low your body fat gets, there's always that place in your brain that says Do I look good enough to wear this?! THIS?! Real talk. Insecurity is the greatest confidence killer, it felt so good to take down that barrier.

Our 2013 beach vacation felt almost like being in college again. Except for the part where we went to bed at 10:00pm and woke up at 7am. I loved every second of this vacation: kicking it off in NOLA with Susannah and Madeline, running with Kat, cutting up with the crew on the beach, Mr.Noel's shameless friend making and dancing at Joe's Crab Shack, we can't take him anywhere, laying in a king size bed on a rainy day with Susannah, drinking champagne while we watched the Duchess of Cambridge step out of the Lindo Wing with the Prince our daughter's will think is oh so hunky, (hello run on sentence- thank goodness you don't read here for my grammar) to hunting down a Dairy Queen on the drive home after I proclaimed the gain train must come to a halt. Great times with great friends, and I can't wait till our next get away!



October came and I ran my second half marathon with big PR dreams that were not meant to be. Oddly enough, I was more proud of this half than my first. Everything did not go my way that day, and I still love to run. I've learned more about myself in the moments I wanted to give up than I ever have in moments of success. 


November was another winner with our group mastering the art of keeping secrets and surprising Susannah with a Birthday party! 


Madeline and Pitbull got engaged, I hear wedding bells coming in 2014!


November also saw Kate and I in Chicago curing some wanderlust. We packed as much adventure as humanly possible into those four days. I learned a lot about myself during this trip, and even challenged my debilitating fear of heights...twice.


During 2013, I've grown closer to this group of women than I could have ever imagined possible when I signed up for a little 10k training in 2012. The Sole Sistas started out sharing one common goal, and discovered so very much more along the way. I look forward to coffee and jokes post long run, our obnoxious Christmas get together, and cheering the loudest for each other as we cross each new finish line. I know 2014 will be a great year!


2014 Goals:

Run the Marathon
Laugh More
Blog Consistently
Take More Pictures
Be Happy
Don't sweat the small stuff
Don't pet the sweaty stuff
Drink more Champagne
Travel Somewhere I've Never Been Before
Get Crafty
Run 14 Races
Worry Less
Be More Considerate of Others
Think of Myself Less
Get Stronger in Each Day in Every Way
All Around be the Very BEST Version of Me

Email me

Daily Motivator


2 comments:

  1. hahaha! Don't pet the sweaty stuff. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you rock! I would love to be brave enough to post a bikini pic on here and who knows... maybe I will be this year! you looked amazing in it, so I cant blame you for posting it - if I looked that good in one I would live in a bikini! :)

    ReplyDelete