Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What I'm most thankful for this Thanksgiving

The busiest travel day of the year, and the same is true for my family today. I hope you're all able to be with loved ones celebrating the things you are most thankful for! I watched all month long as status updates and tweets proclaim the little things in which we are all so very thankful. Television shows, online articles, the black Friday deals/ steals/ abandon the left overs and head out shopping omni-present commercials, and even Thanksgiving jibes and jest at this special American holiday. 

Naturally, I'm thinking about the things I am most thankful for. This time of year, I'm always most thankful for people. My favorite people.The people that I love and the people who love me. The people who choose to enrich each others lives in the mundane day to day and the extra special moments when we celebrate one another. 

I'm incredibly thankful for friends. I'm thankful for friends in which to run (Hey Sole Sistas), friends in which to have coffee on Saturday mornings, or wine (lots of wine) not necessarily on Saturday mornings but hey no judgement, friends to shop, friends to travel with, friends to lunch with, friends to dance with, friends to LAUGH with, friends who accept me for all that I am without any reservations. I'm thankful that I live in a place where running into my best friend at Target or while I'm out running the road isn't an oddity but a welcome familiarity. I'm thankful to be included in life's big moments, announcing pregnancy and engagements, graduations, promotions, and those days with small moments when you just need someone to vent to without fear of judgement. I'm thankful for these friends and our group therapy sessions, wining, dinner, dancing, dessert, shopping, and having someone to call on when your car won't start or you just can NOT believe what he did!! Women's rule of thumb: If it has tires or testicles it's going to give you trouble. 







I'm thankful for my family who has always loved and supported me no matter what I've thrown at them. I'm thankful for the values that have been instilled in me from a very young age, love one another deeply and work hard, as both will grow and bring life long happiness.  I'm thankful for Aunt Casey's love of banana chips, as this directly benefits me let's be honest. I'm thankful for late nights, loud laughs, and filling the recycling bin up to an embarrassing level at our get togethers. I'm thankful for my Mom, who to this day, tries to put my needs and wants above her own, as I fight to be able to return the favor. I'm thankful that she never hesitates to entertain my outrageous dreams. I'm thankful that she'll pick me up at 6:00am on a Saturday morning when I can't help myself. I'm thankful that she has always demanded more from me, as she's always been confident that I am more than capable of anything I could possibly dream up. I'm thankful that she cares if I wear the black round two pump or the strappy black pump with my new cocktail dress. I'm thankful for this one relationship in which I will forever be in debt. I owe everything I am to my family, and endeavor to make them proud every single day.



I'm thankful for my husband. I'm thankful that I have someone who genuinely gives a hoot if I had a good or bad day. I'm thankful for his strong work ethic and can do attitude. I'm thankful that I chose someone who has a legitimate chance at winning impossible bar room trivia games. I'm thankful that he invests so much of his time in my own interests. I'm thankful that he supports my interests outside of our relationship, always encouraging me to grow and learn.I'm thankful for the twinkle in his eye and mischievous grin that says something wildly funny and inappropriate is about to come flying out of his mouth.  I'm thankful that he encourages me not to take myself too seriously.  I'm thankful that he loves and supports all of the people in our life, without any expectations in return. I'm thankful that he is slow to anger and quick to forgive, as both are qualities I'm learning to emulate. I'm thankful that he's inquisitive and observant, as my blonde moments grow more frequent. I'm thankful that he tolerates my shopping habits, and entertains my attempts at decorating. I'm thankful that he knows and loves the real me, the good, the bad, and the sometimes ugly. 






Wishing each and every one of you a safe, fun filled, joyous holiday!

Who are you most Thankful for?


Email me

Daily Motivator



1 comment:

  1. After the week I've had, this was the perfect way to unwind and refocus as we head into the holiday tomorrow. In the midst of the crazy hectic day to day, thank you for sharing this, and helping me to remember that I too have all of the above things to be thankful for! This really "hit the spot" for me brought me to tears! You have such a wonderful way with words :) Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete