Friday, November 15, 2013

Chi Town or Bust: Weekly Weigh In

Holler if you love Friday Hollerrrrr!!!!!!!! It's the final countdown for my fun weekend in Chicago with Kate. I challenged myself back in September to quite simply look and feel my best for this trip. I was able to get my positive energy rolling back in the right direction and I'm feel fantastic in my skin! Proof positive that a little set back shouldn't ever get you down!

That said, I will admit to some scale obsessing recently. I tried the let go of the scale matra, but alas it isn't for me. I need the scale for accountability. I need to see a number, at least once a week, to keep myself in check. I don't feel controlled by the number, it does not affect my mood, my day, or how I see myself in the mirror, however with my long history as a yo-yoer, I feel it's important for me to remain in contact with my relationship with gravity. I've been weighing myself twice a week, once on Monday, and once on Friday. This is how I've been able to keep my calorie grubbing fingers under control over the weekends, which have ALWAYS been my down fall.

This week, I am down 3 pounds from last Friday which puts me at my happy weight. Happy weight meaning the weight where I feel most comfortable and confident in my skin. Admittedly, I was sick this week and did not fuel properly for my Marathon activity level, and I felt it in my running. My appetite is returning, and I was able to get in a higher calorie count Thursday than any other day this week. We'll see if this loss sticks through this epic weekend I have coming up in Chicago!!!

On the Agenda- Half Marathon  run on Lake Shore Path/ Chicago Tour on foot Saturday morning. I understand there are water fountains available which I will need, since I'll be sans my pit crew this long run. If you're in the area and care to join me, I'd love a run buddy! Don't be shy, lord knows I'm not! Here's my email. 

Kate and I fully intend to take in as much of Chicago as humanly possible in our short visit. I understand there's a great pizza debate between Gino's East and Giordano's. The only plausible way to test this theory is to eat both.I love the eating. I'm excited to see the bean, the pier, the boat tour, Willis Tower, the Aquarium, and absolutely everything we can pack into our stay. Tacky Tourist says heyyy! 

Thank you all for the travel recommendations! I have  a list of all the restaurants ya'll recommended and we're going to try to hit up quite a few in the area. I'm overpacked to overdress, and take on the city! In my absence Monday and Tuesday next week, I've lined up two of my favorite bloggers to sub in for me, you don't want to miss out on that!

For annoying vacation updates find me on Instagram here.

Wishing each and everyone of you a fabulous weekend!

Email me

Daily Motivator


8 comments:

  1. Running in Chicago was the highlight of my time there! We ate Gino's East for pizza- AH- MAZING!

    and I know you like popcorn! Don't miss going by Garrett's Popcorn- best EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey nice post mehn. I love your style of blogging here. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: What If We Never Truly Die .
      keep up the good work.

      Regards

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Chicago! Giordano's is soooooooo good!!! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Early welcome to Chicago!
    Just one small note.....don't call it the Willis Tower out loud. Just don't.
    Sear tower through and through!!
    Weather should be surprisingly warmer compared to what it has been! Pack an umbrella because it might rain Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever told you Gino's East is the best pizza in chicago is a liar! Lou Malnati's is where it's at :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Chicago!!! Agree the weather should be warmer here than it's been lately. One piece of caution on the lakefront path...the water fountains may be turned off this late in the year (they turn off the water in the fountains during the off season). Have a water bottle just in case! Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a love/hate relationship with the scale for years now. I am the exact same way that it really affected my mood depending on the number. Lately I had a very unreasonable number set in my mind so...we just thew it out when we moved and am hoping to give it a boot for good!
    Anyway, have fun in Chicago! I love deep dish pizza enjoy every bite after logging those miles Saturday morning! I would love to hear your suggestions for your cold weather running items as I am always feeling under prepared on long cold runs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG so excited for you! I went there for Lollapalooza in 2010 and still regret not seeing more of the city than just a short bus-tour. I hope I can try again when I'm feeling more fit and adventurous haha.

    ReplyDelete