Friday, October 11, 2013

Last Pep Talk- Race Day 5

Alright alright alright!!! I'm up and at 'em this morning with a little (giant) pep in my step and big goofy grin, cause it's race weekend! It feels like months (oh wait) since my last race, and this one could not come at a better time. I am so excited to run this race!! My plan is simple. Pace. it. out. I will not, I will not, I will NOT let my adrenaline convince me to run 8 minute miles right at the start. I don't care if Britney keeps telling me, You betta work bitch, I will remain calm. I will remain focused. I will follow my pace plan. If I say this enough times to myself, I will start believing it. Ba dum cha!

No matter what happens with the weather, humidity, or any other factors outside of my control, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this experience! I planned a pep talk today, not Five on Friday, BUT it just so happened to work out this way. I am prepared, excited, and ready to rock half number two! I've checked my race day list- twice- and I'm ready to get to New Orleans and have a wonderful weekend with a few of my favorite peeps (we'll be missing you Sabrina!)

1. Pack gear needed to run! Fun shirt, lucky socks, Garmin, SPI belt, head band, sports bra, head phones, play list, and speed demon kicks!


2. Trim what's left of your toe nails down to nubs (learned this one the hard way)




3. Pack Pre Race Fuel, for me this is Spark! ,a Quest Bar, and the all important Shot Blocks! My first half I ate two shot blocks every three miles. This was how I trained as well. My first experience training, I was ultra concerned with fuel, how often to do so, what to eat pre race, etc. This go around, I've been much more meh, eat light before the run and have shot blocks when I feel like it. Experience has made me confident , maybe even a little stupid, but I feel much more relaxed going into this race. Even during my 12 mile run I had a total of three blocks and felt just fine. However, I do always purchase the shot blocks with extra caffeine (Orange flavor has the most caffeine). No exceptions. Obviously she needs more energy. Hey! I've only had one cup of coffee!


4. Make sure everything is charged- AKA Garmin, Cell Phone, and most importantly your body!! Get lots of rest the night and days before the race. Resting for me is hard. I will always feel like one more run could make all the difference, even though I know, logically, it won't. A rested body is a stronger body.


5. Wake up Positive Patty and get her rear in gear!! If she doesn't want to show her face, you better fake it till you make it! A positive, can do attitude, will carry you a long way. Believe you can, and you will. I really truly believe that with my whole heart! Honestly, how can you not have a fabulous attitude the morning of the race? I can't even wrap my head around that!



Email me

Daily Motivator

7 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!!!! I am so excited for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so prepared girl!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see what kind of PR you come up with! That much caffeine will have this girl on fire!!!!! Run Gisele Run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl!!! Kick that race's ass and be SO proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes! Go hard in the paint tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your race! Can' wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete