Thursday, October 10, 2013

Jazz Half Playlist

A kick ass race day playlist is as essential for me as fuel, water, and air. I know there are people who run without music, I am not one of those people. I once ran 3 miles without music, and it was the longest run of my life. I got way to into my head without music to distract me from the task at hand. Every five seconds my ADD was asking me how much longer, Oh look Squirrel! 

Occasionally, I'll pause my play list to run my yap (surprise surprise), sometimes I'll even run a mile without music, to listen to my breathing. This let's me know how much gas I've got left in the tank. On a scale of cheetah to stampeding turtle where do I rank? Most importantly, music let's me focus on what I really enjoy. Just run! 

Music also encourages me to give more of myself. A song with a great beat and a message that speaks to me personally, can encourage me to crank up the speed for an extra half mile and most importantly sprint out the finish. Each song on my play list I pick with purpose. Something in the song speaks to me, whether it's the beat or the message, I like music that makes me feel like the baddest bitch in town. It's all about the feeling! Just FYI, if you are out running, you are the baddest bitch in town. Running is hard work, don't forget to pat yourself on the back! Gangsta style.

A$AP Rocky (feat. Skrillex & Birdy Nam Nam)- Wild for the Night
Birtney Spears- Work B*tch
OneRepublic- Good Life
John Newman- Love Me Again
Selena Gomez- Slow Down
Avicii- Fade Into Darkness
Monsta (Skrillex & Nero Remix)- Holdn' On
Calvin Harris (feat. Ellie Goulding)- I Need Your Love
Martin Garrix- Animals
Jessie James- Wanted
Lady GaGa- Applause
K'naan- Better
Robin Thicke (feat. Kendrick Lamar)- Give It 2 U
Lana Del Ray & Cedric Gervais- Summertime Sadness
Kanye West & Jay Z (feat. Frank Ocean)- No Church in the Wild
Cher Lloyd (feat. T.I.) - I Wish
Avicii- Wake Me Up
Jason Derulo- The Other Side
Zedd (feat Foxes)- Clarity
Katy Perry- Roar
Taio Cruz- Dynamite
The Neighbourhood- Sweater Weather
Pitbull (feat Christina Aguilera)- Feel This Moment
Matisyahu- Miracle
The Script (feat will.i.am)- Hall of Fame
Chani (DJ Shocker Remix)- Her Porsche
Rudimental (feat. John Newman)- Feel the Love
Katy Perry (feat. Juicy J)- Dark Horse
Flo Rida- I Cry
Cher Lloyd- With Ur Love
Karmin- Acapella
Sara Bareilles- Brave
2 Chainz (feat. Pharrell)- Feds Watching
David Guetta & Rihanna- Who's That Chick?

Email me

Daily Motivator


6 comments:

  1. Love the playlist! I just made a huge list of new songs to add to mine and about 90% of the ones on yours are on mine! :) Great music taste lady!

    ~Devon
    laduit2it.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started working out, I really got into my music. I had a bunch of different playlists and I'd pick on to match my mood. Then I moved into watching tv/dvds (home gym, treadmill/elliptical) and only listened to music occasionally when I was walking/jogging outside. I've started getting into music again as I try to jog a WHOLE mile. I am so completely driven by the beat! Many of the songs you listed I really like, I'll have to look into some of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Work B" is my fav new running song!!!! LOVE Britney music for working out! I cant believe its in 2 days!!!!!! EEEEKKKK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I will have to check some of these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo I see a couple that I don't have and that I'll need to check out. If I don't let you know tomorrow...good luck on your race girlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see some potentials for mine, but here are a few of my faves at the moment "Demons" by Imagine Dragons, "Bad Blood" by Bastille, and "Harlem" by New Politics. If you need any back-ups ;) Patiently waiting on the recap.

    ReplyDelete