Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Halloween and a Throw Back Thursday?! Instagram be hot like dat fire this day! Halloween has always been a favorite holiday for me. I've long enjoyed getting dressed up and pretending to be someone else for the evening. When I was younger, I cared about dressing sexy, and looking attractive.As I get older, I care about being comfortable and not embarrassing myself. I can tell I'm really getting older now, as I totally skimped on a costume (during party weekend) and will spend my evening logging 4 dreadmill miles as I slept in and rain is a coming!  This was one of those years where the holiday just kinda crept up on me! 

Lame Lady Halloween Costume
My office is having a Halloween lunch party, a-hem junk food eating contest. I've packed myself a healthy lunch and will enjoy a small treat. True confessions: I find gatherings centered around junk food to be uncomfortable. If you don't participate in the calorie free for all, it makes other people uncomfortable and inevitably your choices become conversational topics. However, I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to socialize with co-workers. Occasionally, people will make incredibly rude and insensitive comments as well. I've learned to let these types of things roll off my back. Negative comments about another person's food choices are always a reflection of how someone is feeling about their own choices, and has nothing to do with the recipient personally. Master the art of the awkward giggle and move about your day!

I've had such a great few weeks, I refuse to be derailed! 

How will you avoid junk food this Halloween!? I remind myself eat like crap, feel like crap, eat like crap, feel like crap, eat green, lean machine, lean machine, lean machine RAWR!

Wishing you a safe and Happy Halloween!


Email me

Daily Motivator


5 comments:

  1. Some people are not happy until you eat their food. It's unreal. I tell people at work that I am allergic to sugar. I do not want your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Eat like crap, feel like crap! Eat green, Lean Machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True that. When you are not doing the same thing as the rest of the crowd people act offended. Really? You do your thing, I'll do mine, and we will both enjoy this function!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're willpower is admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoot whoot! Here's to walking past the candy bowl. LOL

    ReplyDelete