Friday, October 4, 2013

Cinq le Vendredi & 12 Mile Run Redemption

I'm absolutely loving this five on Friday post, I hope you are too because it's not likely to go anywhere anytime soon. Unless I have something really freaking awesome to write about, like next Friday, the day before my half marathon. I'll be pep talking myself fo sho. For now, let's give our brain some exercise and count en Francais!

Un

I lost one whole pound this week. Being sick was good for something! This just reinforces to me that losing weight is 70% nutrition and 30% gym. That said, I love to work out because it makes me feel amazing. No better feeling than fit and strong! Slim is an added bonus!

Deaux

This weekend I'm looking forward to having zero on my to-do list. We are plan-less and I could not be happier about it. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend at home. Well aside from my last long run, cleaning around the house, and maybe a TV marathon with Sabrina and Kate (but that's more like standing Sunday afternoon to-do) and a few other things I'm widdling off as I type this BUT I am mostly plan-less and care free! As much as I love to be social, I really love to be lazy!


Trois

Race day preparation is in full swing, and I'm starting to get incredibly excited! I was feeling down about being sick this week, and missing one long run due to weather, mentally preparing myself for what if this isn't as great of an experience as my last half marathon. Truth of the matter is, there's no rule that says training has to be perfect for the race to be enjoyable. I was super lucky to have a wonderful first go around half training experience, and this time it's been different. Fun, and exciting yes, but different. I picked up my personalized race day shirt, which is half the fun, and the excitement is there in my veins, ready to run! 


Quarte

12 Mile Run Redemption, this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll run 12 Saturday or Sunday but it will get done. This is my last long run pre half marathon. My last go around with the 12 mile run almost broke me. It was a rough run and I can recall thinking my pace goal was a complete joke at the time, because it took me over two hours to run 12 miles, how was I ever going to run 13.1 miles under 2:10:00 (round one pace goal). I did run 13.1 under 2:10:00 FYI. You can achieve what you believe! Cheese ball says heyyy!  It's a great reminder that I'm being really hard on myself this go around too, and that I can achieve anything I put my mind to. This is one of those times it's great to be a blogger. Looking back to see how far you've come is always inspiring!



Cinq

It's casual Friday, best day of the week!! Hope ya'll have an awesome weekend!

Outfit Selfie Fail

Email me

Daily Motivator


5 comments:

  1. I love your race day shirt!!!!! You are gonna rock that run lady! Wish I was plan-less... bhaahahah that never happens these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekend is fairly plan-less as well, thank goodness because last weekend was full of plans. You are going to rock your half next weekend! Can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shirt!! Me wants! Hee hee...I'm a busy beaver this weekend. go go go go..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your long run :) Remember to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is your name on Nike+? I can't find you. I'm sparklin one, friend me Girly!!

    ReplyDelete