Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekly Goals: Good News & Bad News

I've got bad news and good news today. Which ya want first?! I always roll with bad first because I like to end things on a high note, oh yeahs! 

Turns out my trek through the wind and rain left me with a little cold, not full blown debilitation sick, but enough to be sufficiently annoying. Joy! I keep hoping it will disappear (See less than three weeks out from half marathon number two). Please NyQuil help a sista out! Ashley and I had planned to make up my 15K missed last Saturday, Sunday afternoon but I knew with the cough, aches, and congestion I was coming down with, resting was a much better idea. Monday I took it easy at the gym completing a class I knew would be basic for my fitness level. I had to get something in. Today I'm feeling better, going to try a five miler this afternoon. Fingers crossed. This can not become a full blown problem right now. Eeeekkk! 



Good news, the weather is becoming more fall like. Powering through the summer run weather is going to pay off! It was a rough couple of months for running, but I'm really glad I stuck it out. I'm very excited for the first run during a cool snap. I may have ordered new leggings for winter runs.... I'm just a tad excited tee hee I'm also getting excited about boots, scarves, tights, and all the wonderful festivities associated with Fall. It dropped below 70 on Sunday and thought surly my husband would break out the Gumbo pot. It still feels a little early for all that to me.

Weekly Goals:

Monday:
Strength Training (Hour Class)

Tuesday:
Five Mile Run
Jillian's RIPPED in 30 Week 4

Wednesday:
Five Mile Run
Jillian's RIPPED in 30 Week 4

Thursday:
Five Mile Run
Jillian's RIPPED in 30 Week 4

Friday:
Incline Walk/Run Treadmill Work
Jillian's RIPPED in 30 Week 4

Saturday:
11 Mile Run

Sunday:
Rest


*a whole post without on picture of me! It's a fall miracle! 

Email me

Daily Motivator


6 comments:

  1. Get some Emergen-C I swear by that stuff. It's cheap and you just put it in your water bottle and chug away! Everytime I feel something coming on I drink a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the Emergen-C..and 70 is cold. Girl I just ran in 37 degrees in capris..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon! I had a cold a few weeks ago but attempted a short run anyway while carrying a few tissues. Whelp, the only time I saw anyone (I prefer AM runs) was EXACTLY when the kleenex fell out of my shirt pocket. It definitely looked like I had been stuffing my sports bra. EPIC FAIL. It was no SHITuation, but it was awkward. Also, you're welcome neighbors! I'm happy I shared my comical-whimsy show with them at 6am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - how freakin' awesome if this cold snap! At least here, Thursday was summer, then rained all day Friday, and BAM Saturday morning, it was down right, dare I say... chilly?! It was ah-maze-ing! I could not lace up fast enough! When I was finished with my 10 miles, I was not only ecstatic to see that 9:47 pace, but alas I had an shit ton of water left! Ahhhh I LOVE running when it's 60 degrees! Bring on the boots and scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this fall weather too!! Feel better soon girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey nice post meh, I love your style of blogging here. this post reminded me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Stuck Where You Currently Are .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete