Friday, September 27, 2013

Supporting my Blog Sole Sistas with 5 on Friday!

Number ONE and most important of this list, I'm sure many of you have heard Lora over at Raising Steppe Sisters gave birth to her son this past Sunday, 13 weeks premature. Baby Harper fought his way through the first 72 hours which are the toughest, however Lora's family has a long road to travel before bringing him home. There are several things we can all do to support Lora's family. First and foremost, never under estimate the power of prayer!!Secondly,  like this Facebook page to follow baby Harper's progress. Third, Ashley (running her first half marathon this weekend see number two), an Advocare Representative, is donating 100% of proceeds through November 1st to the Baby Harper Fund. I plan to complete my third cleanse in November so this can not come at a better time. Lastly, you can make a donation to the Baby Harper fund here. Above all, pray for Lora and her family, with two girls at home, a few weeks vacation time, and mounting medical bills, this is sure to be a hard time for their family. Tough times don't last, tough people do, and Lora is one tough lady ya'll. Send her some good vibes and well wishes!


Numba Two! I want to send a huge shout out to all my blogging friends, Kara and KrsitieHollyMelanie, Megan, and Ashley running the Fort Wayne half tomorrow. I am so disappointed, times ten, I couldn't make this run. Unfortunately, flights to Indiana are more than double flights to Chicago, go figure. One of these days I WILL make a meet up. I'm just going to start photo shopping myself into the pictures, make up for lost time. Cheering big and loud Southern girl style for ya'll tomorrow morning!


Three! I've got my second to last (snap! it's getting close) long run before the Jazz Half Saturday morning. I've been fighting my nag a lagin cold all week long, but I will get this run done! Running outdoors is becoming fun again. The temperature is coming down, runners are coming out, and the feel good vibes are returning! My 11 mile run during half training round one was phenomenal, I still remember how great that run felt. Crossing all my fingers and toes that I'll have another run like this, feet don't fail me now!

Four: Sabrina and Kate went and got me hard core addicted and pheneing for my next hit of Homeland. I can not wait for the season premier of Sunday!!


Cinq! Pretending like it feels Fallish outside again and wearing my Ragin Cajun's summer scarf (that's coon-ass for stupid. It's cold in my office!




Email me

Daily Motivator


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Gisele! We'll put a blow up doll in our hotel room to pretend you are there for our fun times! Hope you feel better for your run this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kill me aka crack me up! Thanks for the laughs this morning with your spunkahhhh personality! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cold this week too, ran 3 miles Monday and haven't worked out since... womp womp... BUT I will be attempting a run Saturday.... and weights today.

    I am also looking forward to Homeland, I feel like season 2 ended YEARS ago!!!! I love that show!!!!

    ReplyDelete